General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gunsmoke
(newbie) Thu 28-Jan-16 16:12:42
Print Post

FTTP anomalies EAMAD

[link to this post]

Hi everyone

Would anyone with access be able to help me work out why the FTTP rollout on the Cab7 area of the Madingley exchange, EAMAD, seems to have stalled?

As far as I can tell, the fibres are in place, indeed many postcodes can and have ordered. There seem some that have been missed out, with no sign of work for many many months.

Places such as CB23 7QE where 1 house can order, all the others cannot. (even the ones that have got the drop line going over their garden!)

Would anyone be able to take a look at this area & see what's going on?
Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 28-Jan-16 16:24:55
Print Post

Re: FTTP anomalies EAMAD

[re: gunsmoke] [link to this post]

In some other cases it is down to the need to add an extra manifold and the roll-out team called off to do work elsewhere, i.e. very rare for a team to stay in one area until 100% roll-out achieved. More urgent work can call people elsewhere, or split teams so and then re-arranging this back into the schedule can introduce delays.

The problem of running everything to a tight budget, i.e. ability to cope with oddities gets worse.

If there is a specific address that a resident of needs an answer on and its been a decent length of time since anything happened then happy to pester and find out reason for delay.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Jan-16 17:48:25
Print Post

I think its where you are being done as part of the Commercial FTTP Project dated back at 2011-2012, we was down to be done before your area and we have the same issue since end of 2011 where parts of our road and side roads got FTTP and parts didn't, and the parts that didn't are still down to be done and we all have all the FTTP hardware installed in their chamber and also the manifold up our phone poles.

Basically, BT Openrach have different teams that do different stuff like laying the fibre tubing, blowing the actual fibre and also splicing the fibres in the FibreDP hardware etc.

Also we as the commercial projects have less priority than all the BDUK projects due to them having contractual deadline dates that need to be met.
So basically they get priority over us.

You also might have the same issue as us lot here especially our information/records has potential issues with it so BT says.

I say get your local MP involved and see if they can help.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gunsmoke
(newbie) Tue 02-Feb-16 11:47:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the offer to chase up
Nos 5 and 6 are unable to order (as are all except 3)

all are fed with copper underground, ducts had some work done about a year ago.
No 3 is fibred from a pole outside the road & has been for over 3 years now

Thanks for any more info you can dig up
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 02-Feb-16 11:53:50
Print Post

Need to email me and then can double check and assemble info to pester Openreach with

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to