General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 11suttoj
(newbie) Thu 28-Jan-16 21:46:31
Print Post

Bt wholesale

[link to this post]

Hey guys, i have a bit of an issue with btwholesale at the moment. When i find my house on the postcode checker, it says my house is connected to cabinet 3. However when i put my telephone number in, it just says the exchange i am connected to and no cabinet. I have been debating whether i am on an exchange only line for ages now but this just confuses me. Does anyone what this means if it comes up with different results? Am i connected to the cab or not? Thanks!
Standard User lee111s
(member) Thu 28-Jan-16 21:49:24
Print Post

Re: Bt wholesale

[re: 11suttoj] [link to this post]

The telephone line checker is the most accurate for your line.

The postcode checker will cover all of the lines your postcode and you sometimes find that a postcode area may be served by multiple cabinets or what appears like yourself, a mixture of cabinet and exchange only line.
Standard User 11suttoj
(newbie) Thu 28-Jan-16 21:53:01
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply. I went onto the address checker and put my postcode to find my house name. When i selected my house from the list it said i was on cabinet 3.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 28-Jan-16 22:00:14
Print Post

[re: 11suttoj] [link to this post]

Who is your phone service with at the moment? If its TalkTalk or Sky the checker may be mapping phone line to incorrect location as BT Wholesale cannot track numbers location

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 11suttoj
(newbie) Thu 28-Jan-16 22:21:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I'm connected with Bt. Due to the fact that using the telephone checker is more accurate I think I might be on an exchange only line. I only recently discovered that my house name was classed as 'hilltop' instead of 'hill top cottage' so I got a bit of hope when it said I was connected to cab 3.
  Print Thread

Jump to