General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pleyland1
(newbie) Fri 05-Feb-16 09:02:23
Print Post

LVNLW Cab 2 progress seems to be going backwards!

[link to this post]

My cab was initially scheduled for 2013-14 but wasn't on the BDUK rollout.

Recently it was in the "Planning" stage on the checker... which has now changed to "In Scope" and then "Exploring Options" and offering me the information to co-fund.

It just seems like it's going backwards and it's quite a busy suburb that I live in.

Codelook always says - FTTC Planned Phase 11a 2013-2014

I wouldn't mind if I lived in a Virgin Media area.. but sadly I don't. So I have no option apart from ADSL.

Is there any way I can escalate it or is there anything I can do about VM? Can you pay extra to get them to rollout to your street?
Standard User mcain7
(newbie) Fri 05-Feb-16 09:22:00
Print Post

Re: LVNLW Cab 2 progress seems to be going backwards!

[re: pleyland1] [link to this post]

I'm on cab 31 in NLW as well, been watching the 'where and when' page, codelook, and dsl checker for about 3 years now!

It's been going backwards for the past year, they built the cabinet near me around 9 months ago or so, and nothing has happened since. I've seen BT vans all around NLW with their heads in the cabinets but nothing seems to be progressing.

I don't live in a Virgin media area either, and will probably never get it put down either, BT are the only hope, which is the problem....

If anyone has any information at all about this, i would love to hear it!
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Feb-16 14:14:43
Print Post

Re: LVNLW Cab 2 progress seems to be going backwards!

[re: pleyland1] [link to this post]

Your down as part of the Commercial FTTC Project as far as I can see, and that they are surveying the area and will have a better date, but at the moment its down to be enabled between April 2016 to March 2017, But I would aim for the latter.

It also seems that you exchange has not long been upgraded to fibre (FTTC Only) which was around mid 2015.
And I can see that the BDUK Projects have already completed 6 cabinets that should be live.
And it seems that 4 cabinets have gone live as part of the Commercial FTTC Project, with another 2 cabinets going live this month and May.

Ok, did a quick check on all cabinets on your exchange:

Cabinets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 28, 29, 31 are down as to be enabled between Apr-16 and Mar-17. Date to be confirmed once the survey is complete.
Cabinets 4, 10 are now live.
Cabinet 6 is at the connection stage.
Cabinets 22, 32, 33 are not at this stage down for fibre.

So it seems that they are doing a survey for 19 cabinets and the dates will change based on the survey results.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to