General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ark772
(newbie) Fri 05-Feb-16 12:57:09
Print Post

EO Query (new cab?)

[link to this post]

Afternoon guys,

I am connected to an eo line, as my exchange is a stones throw away from my back garden however I know work is being done in my area by Fastershire so I've been trying to keep up on what might be provided for those of us connected on eo lines.

Yesterday some chaps started digging up two locations about 20m apart near the road at the front of my house, looking up on roadworks shows the following "Install 4m of 2 poly ducts in Verge,Provide, Renew or Recover 1 DSLAM street cabinet and base..."

The locations they are digging up do not currently have any cabinets so what might they be doing here? Is this going to be a possible solution for eo lines?

If anyone has the ability to find out what's happening I figured it would be you guys, my exchange code is wmcam.

Many thanks!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 05-Feb-16 13:14:41
Print Post

Re: EO Query (new cab?)

[re: Ark772] [link to this post]

Sounds like a PCP (phone cabinet) to pick up the EO lines and then supply the end users, plus an FTTC cabinet (houses a DSLAM) linked to the PCP to supply FTTC to people who sign up to it with their ISP.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Ark772
(newbie) Fri 05-Feb-16 13:25:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I was hoping it would be something along those lines, but didn't want to get my hopes up too much. It sounds like I might be able to allow myself to get a little excited by this! I know it will still probably be months before its actually operational, but still, progress!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 05-Feb-16 14:11:34
Print Post

Without an exchange and postcode to work on, hard to see if its worth getting excited or not.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ark772
(newbie) Fri 05-Feb-16 18:25:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi MrSaffron,

I did have my exchange code in the original post, wmcam. Didn't supply a post code though, but if you manage to get a chance to have a look, its gl556bd

Many thanks!
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Feb-16 18:48:35
Print Post

The roadworks.org site says (PCP6) OUTSIDE 3 LITTLEWORTH ON, PARK ROAD...

If there isn't there one already, they are installing one.

Codelook describes it as Fibre Street Cabinet 3 - FTTC doing Field Survey, live due by October 2016

So I suspect an new all in one cabinet for EO lines
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 05-Feb-16 19:01:35
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

Agreed and no reason to doubt that the postcode will be served by that new cabinet.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ark772
(newbie) Fri 05-Feb-16 20:48:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That sounds optimistic! I hope that's the case, it would be rather disappointing having a brand new cab like 20m away from me, and still being stuck on an eo line.

Fingers crossed aye. Many thanks guys.
  Print Thread

Jump to