General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Sun 07-Feb-16 21:34:22
Print Post

Cab stood

[link to this post]

My cab has been stood Pics and the contractors have left the site last week, the power has been connected too. The fibre already runs other side of road from the cab, and ducts run under the road to the manhole in the grass verge to the new cab. So how long does it take for BT to connect and switch on this cab for orders?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 07-Feb-16 22:14:02
Print Post

Re: Cab stood

[re: 8skellerns] [link to this post]

A few weeks to a few months to a year or two if some unseen hurdle still exists

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User leexgx
(committed) Sun 07-Feb-16 23:01:47
Print Post

most are live after 1-3 months (assuming there is no problems with power or getting the fiber to the cab itself)

3 months after that you be able to place orders with non BT reseller, BT/Openreach seem to lock out other ISPs for upto 3 months or other ISPs dont bother to add the cab to there system for a bit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 07-Feb-16 23:36:19
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

3 months after that you be able to place orders with non BT reseller, BT/Openreach seem to lock out other ISPs for upto 3 months or other ISPs dont bother to add the cab to there system for a bit
I'm sorry but that is complete rubbish. All ISPs have access to FTTC and FTP at the same time as BT Wholesale however those ISPs who use their own backhaul, Sky, TalkTalk and Zen in some exchanges, may delay ordering the necessary GEA link to be installed to enable them to connect to the FTTC feed. In the case of FTP many ISPs have chosen not to offer this product, possibly due to the low numbers at present.
Standard User leexgx
(committed) Sun 07-Feb-16 23:48:17
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

which tends to be 1-3 months after the cab is live

the same time BT have access is how it should works, but does not seem to be (not always any way)

Edited by leexgx (Sun 07-Feb-16 23:49:29)

Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 08-Feb-16 01:39:51
Print Post

Again, what you are saying is untrue. If there was any evidence whatsoever that what you are claiming were to be true and that BT Openreach were prioritising access to BT Wholesale and BT Wholesale prioritising BT Retail you can rest assured that any and all ISPs affected would have immediately complained to Ofcom and to date there is no evidence that any have done so.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 08-Feb-16 01:40:27
Print Post

All BT Wholesale ISPs have access at the same time as BT Consumer.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User kingbiscit
(member) Mon 08-Feb-16 10:23:27
Print Post

Mine took around 7 days after the silver lock was fitted. If it has the lock fitted it should be soon.
Standard User aps2011
(learned) Mon 08-Feb-16 11:12:50
Print Post

I a similar position with the relevant cabinet having been surveyed a year ago, put in place in early October 2015 and some work done on it in mid January 2016. The Openreach checker provides a "fibre journey" (such wonderful corporate-speak) and is saying my line is at the stage 'connect' and "typically it'll be available to your premises within the next four months". This is coupled with a statement that "The physical build is now completed and there shouldn’t need to be any further works in your area".
Apparent progress but it all seams to happen at a snail's pace.
Can anyone shed any light on why it all takes so long?
Standard User lee111s
(member) Mon 08-Feb-16 11:54:55
Print Post

[re: aps2011] [link to this post]

There can be all sorts of reasons. There could be blocked ducting requiring road works before they can repair/replace them then pass the fibre through.

There could be delays from the power company. Extra costs may be involved if a new transformer is required etc.

Those are just 2 possible reasons.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to