General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Feb-16 19:06:00
Print Post

Fibre work at cabinet?

[link to this post]

For awhile now my cabinet has been full so not been able to order fibre. Noticed that BT were doing some work next to it today so had a look on roadworks.org to see what is it

Can anyone shed any light on what this might mean and if it could mean increasing capacity at my cab?

Install 12m of 2 poly ducts in Carriageway, Provide 2 core drill(s) into jointbox or building...

Cheers

Edited by bobble_bob (Mon 08-Feb-16 19:07:25)

Standard User lee111s
(member) Mon 08-Feb-16 19:56:11
Print Post

Re: Fibre work at cabinet?

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Could mean installation ofna second cabinet, could be nothing at all to do with fibre.

Is your cabinet at the full capacity which it can handle? Or is there space for more line cards to be fitted?

Best thing to do is to ask an engineer if they're there again.

Edited by lee111s (Mon 08-Feb-16 19:57:30)

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Feb-16 20:05:31
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Not too sure but the BT checker just said "waiting list" where as the openreach one says high demand

If there still there tomorrow will pop down and ask them

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(member) Mon 08-Feb-16 20:47:58
Print Post

You're best off asking your ISP to contact BT Wholesale for an update. If there's space for a new line card and one has been ordered, there should be an expected completion date smile
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 08-Feb-16 22:57:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by bobble_bob:
For awhile now my cabinet has been full so not been able to order fibre. Noticed that BT were doing some work next to it today so had a look on roadworks.org to see what is it

Can anyone shed any light on what this might mean and if it could mean increasing capacity at my cab?

Install 12m of 2 poly ducts in Carriageway, Provide 2 core drill(s) into jointbox or building...

Cheers
Sounds like they are linking chambers across the roads, what's the postcode for that job?

Paul
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Feb-16 06:06:32
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Not sure on the postcode for the job as on my phone now at work and the roadworks website is poor on mobile. But my postcode is WF41LY and the job is just around the corner on Harrison Road if that helps next to cab 4

Edited by bobble_bob (Tue 09-Feb-16 06:07:06)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Feb-16 06:35:43
Print Post

Not sure on the postcode for the job as on my phone now at work and the roadworks website is poor on mobile. But my postcode is WF41LY and the job is just around the corner on Harrison Road if that helps next to cab 4
Yep, they are linking the two dual chamber either side of the road shown in this image: http://goo.gl/6chbkP

Paul
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Feb-16 06:37:39
Print Post

Cheers. Yea forgot to add work been conpleted a nice freah piece of tarmac now there between the adsl and fibre cab. The pic you posted doesnt show the fibre cab opposite the other one. Must not have updated since the fibre cab was installed a few years back

Btw what does linking 2 dual chambers mean and what is the purpose of doing it? Cheers.

Edit: Fibre has now gone to available from waiting list overnight. So was it adding capacity?

Edited by bobble_bob (Tue 09-Feb-16 06:48:58)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Feb-16 06:51:24
Print Post

Cheers. Yea forgot to add work been conpleted a nice freah piece of tarmac now there between the adsl and fibre cab. The pic you posted doesnt show the fibre cab opposite the other one. Must not have updated since the fibre cab was installed a few years back

Btw what does linking 2 dual chambers mean and what is the purpose of doing it? Cheerd
Well the chamber is the actual BT hole in the ground, and if Poly is meaning fibre cables then they are linking fibre over to the other side of the road.

Not fully sure on the different types of connections, I don't think its for FTTP due to your exchange only does FTTC, so not really sure, maybe to add more fibre to the cabinet possibly, other than that I have no clue.

Paul
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Feb-16 07:09:35
Print Post

Ok well thanks for the help. My cab flipflops from 'waiting list' to 'available' on a weekly basis so who knows what they did
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to