1. Live should mean available to order from a range of providers
2. As the faster products cost more the upgrades are NOT automatic and so you have to decide which package you want and which ISP, generally two variants up to 38 Mbps and up to 76 Mbps
3. Providers have a choice of three products 40/2 (down/up), 40/10 and 80/20. Once you allow for overheads due to comms protocols you arrive at the up to 38 Mbps and up to 76 Mbps of the adverts. The key controlling factor is physics, ie. distance to the cabinet
4. If 50 feet then you'd expect the full up to 76 Mbps connection, when ordering you should be given a speed estimate/range you are likely to get.
5. Yes getting power to the electronics can be a real reason for a delay
Edited by MrSaffron (Wed 10-Feb-16 10:09:23)