General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wonkychops
(newbie) Wed 10-Feb-16 13:07:15
Print Post

Openreach says yes to FTTP but BT dsl checker says no..

[link to this post]

My line checker on the OpenReach where and when checker has said for the last month that my line is accepting orders for FTTP and then directs me to BT Retail which then says it isnt...
My BDUK provider (Fastershire) have also checked and said it has all been commissioned and that yes it is ready to accept orders but I think they use the same database as Openreach. I naively assumed that the the DSL checker used the same database but obviously not.
It's been like it for a month now and I assume the BT DSl database gets updated more frequently than that..
Not sure what to do now. The people who set it up say it is ready but the people who I place the order is say it isnt. Both direct me to each other to sort it out..
FWIW Our village is too far from the cabinet for FTTC hence FTTP. The cables are laid, fibre trays all done on the telegraph poles and commisioning completed.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thx
Standard User lee111s
(member) Wed 10-Feb-16 13:18:44
Print Post

Re: Openreach says yes to FTTP but BT dsl checker says no..

[re: wonkychops] [link to this post]

Are you trying to order through BT Retail?

If so, the FTTP team SHOULD have a contact within BT Wholesale to get this investigated.
Standard User wonkychops
(newbie) Wed 10-Feb-16 13:30:57
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Yep BT Retail. Thats where the Openreach Where and When directs me to for order placing.
I've even tried the FTTP BT phone number who where spectacularly unhelpful as they just checked the same BT database and told me to contact my present provider (which is BT......). Going round in circles.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Feb-16 13:40:53
Print Post

When you use https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Does FTTP show as available to order for both the Address Checker and the Telephone Number?

If yes, then the ball is in the BT Retail camp, if not then probably worth emailing me and will pester the right people to sort things out - in theory the ISP should be able to do this.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User wonkychops
(newbie) Wed 10-Feb-16 14:15:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for your help Andrew. Both number and postcode say no to FTTP using that checker. I have sent you an email. Thanks again. Carl
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-Feb-16 14:22:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by wonkychops:
Yep BT Retail. Thats where the Openreach Where and When directs me to for order placing.
What? Only BT Retail, or a list of ISPs?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User wonkychops
(newbie) Wed 10-Feb-16 16:17:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Sorry - a list ISPs. I clicked on the BT one as already have my copper line BB with them. Did try the other ISPs but they must all use the same database.
  Print Thread

Jump to