General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mauimauer
(newbie) Tue 23-Feb-16 10:32:15
Print Post

Cab Query LWHAM\P25

[link to this post]

Hi there,

my Cabinet (P25) is down to be upgraded as part of LEP PLUS 15b. Just recently the OpenReach When & Where site switched to Journeystage 5 (Build) and I can see lots of surrounding activity on roadworks.org (Laying polyducts everywhwere).

Any idea when I'm going to be able to order Fibre?
Postcode is W6 0RF

Cheers,
maui
Standard User lee111s
(member) Tue 23-Feb-16 10:48:07
Print Post

Re: Cab Query LWHAM\P25

[re: mauimauer] [link to this post]

You'll just need to keep an eye on the Openreach where and when site and the BT Wholesale DSL checker.

The build could go smoothly and fibre be ready in a few months. There could be delays and it could be 6, 12, 18 months or longer before it's ready.
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Feb-16 13:45:22
Print Post

Hammersmith Cabinet 25 is due to go live by October 2016.

In general, once a cabinet reaches the build stage it takes around 5 months to go live - but can be quicker or slower than this.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(member) Tue 23-Feb-16 14:07:23
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

That October date on Codelook is based on the cabinet being at "field survey" (expected within 9 monts) when the last data was input into the codelook database. (January plus 9 months is October). Codelook shows on the front page when the latest dataset is from.

You'll find when codelook next updates, it will show a go live date of 5 months ahead of the month that the data is from.

Edited by lee111s (Tue 23-Feb-16 14:09:38)

Standard User leexgx
(committed) Tue 23-Feb-16 19:02:07
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

they tend to have the live dates forward by at least 12-18 months (most of the time its 1-3 months from once the work has started assuming there are no problems then it can be lot longer)

they wont provide real approximate times due to about 10 or so people complaining to ofcom about slipping live times, so Openreach fix was it be live in 2 years even if its live next week

as i found out with a business customer FTTC install we nearly had a lease line installed even though the cab was installed and lived very stealthy

BT did not even give us an estimate they could see the other side of the dual carriageway had FTTC and said that it may be unlikely you get FTTC (probably fiber to the industrial units as most of them have dark openreach fiber),1-2 months i noticed FTTC cab had appeared and 3 and half weeks later we had it installed (after one failed order and 1 near failed install as the engineer turned up across the road at another industrial unit but lucky enough he had my number, well not lucky i made sure i was on the order)

we got 40/10 with option for real 80/20 if needs be due to distance to the cab so close

Edited by leexgx (Tue 23-Feb-16 19:03:26)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Feb-16 19:33:24
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

It could be worse and you get put down for FTTP as part as the Commercial Project, you are pretty screwed and have to wait for yours in favour for BDUK projects to finish.

Our area (i.e. half our road and some side roads) are down for FTTP and have all the hardware installed, just not activated yet and that started 50 months ago (over 4 years) BT say it will be done, just no exact completion date yet.

Paul
Standard User leexgx
(committed) Tue 23-Feb-16 20:35:38
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

its like NTL in some areas they installed all the ducts and even empty cabs but never put the hardware in them

but Openreach is doing most of the fiber on the poles but then not bothering to link them up in some locations mind boggles (no ordering of them)

but this is what seems to be the problem with FTTP is seems its really only for New builds, every where else is VDSL unless it's not feasible then you might get FTTP in 1-10 years

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Feb-16 21:07:12
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by leexgx:
its like NTL in some areas they installed all the ducts and even empty cabs but never put the hardware in them

but Openreach is doing most of the fiber on the poles but then not bothering to link them up in some locations mind boggles (no ordering of them)

but this is what seems to be the problem with FTTP is seems its really only for New builds, every where else is VDSL unless it's not feasible then you might get FTTP in 1-10 years
Oh we are viable, BT/BTOR have both said in may occasions that we are viable and that it will be done and is still being upgraded (even though its been 4 years) and I get the end of the month speech, but saying that, since I got my local MP involved things have been moving along due to we had BT's Fibre Engineers throughout July last year down our road and side roads replacing all the fibre cables linking all the FibreDP hardware in the chambers all together and we also had their fibre splicer dude splicing fibres, now there is some work being done outside our exchange to-do with fibre and those dates tally up with what I have been told.

So I am just hoping.

Paul
Standard User mauimauer
(newbie) Tue 12-Apr-16 22:54:02
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Seems they have just finished putting up the new Cabinet (ie the one on the right in the pictures). Is that how they do it nowadays (I tought they would replace the old cab)?

Let's see how long it takes to go from the Building stage to "Accepting orders"

Cheers,
maui
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Wed 13-Apr-16 08:09:35
Print Post

Nah the old cabinet doesn't get changed unless it's falling apart pretty much. The new cabinet has all of the new technology in it and there's simply a bunch of copper cables connecting the old and new. Fingers crossed it shoulnd't be too much longer.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to