General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User colesy3
(newbie) Wed 24-Feb-16 13:00:47
Print Post

Where can I find the real Info

[link to this post]

Hope someone can help. 1/3 of our estate is on EO lines, other 2/3 have cabinets and have fibre.The usual checkers just say "Fibre not available". Just before xmas OR vans was in our part of the estate laying cables. I asked a workman if he was laying fibre and he said yes and he thought it could be FTTP and to look out for a cabinet. Is there a organisation or body like BDUK that covers our post code where I can check for more info like dates etc.
Any help would be grateful.
Postcode WS33XA
Exchange Leamore.

Cheers,

John.

Bloxboy
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 24-Feb-16 13:11:50
Print Post

Re: Where can I find the real Info

[re: colesy3] [link to this post]

All of that postcode appears to have FTTC available using the BT address checker. http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Addres...

Where does the EO information come from? A phone number check?

As the address check says yes, you could always get another line installed, swap the numbers over then cease your first one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 24-Feb-16 13:11:55
Print Post

Are you on an EO line?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 24-Feb-16 14:29:17
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Are you sure?

Checking it looks like an EO postcode to me
Address 12 NAIRN ROAD, WALSALL, WS3 3XA on Exchange LEAMORE
No cabinet referenced.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Feb-16 14:32:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by colesy3:
...Is there a organisation or body like BDUK that covers our post code where I can check for more info like dates etc.
Hi. I'm not familiar with your part of the world, but do these people cover your area?

The Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and the four Black Country local authorities (Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton) are working together to extend superfast broadband (SFBB) infrastructure to areas across the Black Country.
http://www.blackcountrylep.co.uk/place/black-country...

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Feb-16 14:32:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by colesy3:
Hope someone can help. 1/3 of our estate is on EO lines, other 2/3 have cabinets and have fibre.The usual checkers just say "Fibre not available". Just before xmas OR vans was in our part of the estate laying cables. I asked a workman if he was laying fibre and he said yes and he thought it could be FTTP and to look out for a cabinet. Is there a organisation or body like BDUK that covers our post code where I can check for more info like dates etc.
Postcode WS33XA
Exchange Leamore.

Cheers,

John.
Well I don't normally say this, but it seems that engineer knows nothing, if it was for lines getting FTTP, there would be no cabinet to look out for, FTTP doesn't use any fibre cabinets.

From what I can see if it was indeed fibre cables for FTTP then its probably for another postcodes like WS3 3XD, WS3 3XE, WS3 3XG, WS3 3XJ, WS3 3XQ and WS3 2HR which as far as I can tell might still be down for FTTP.

There are other areas on your exchange that might also be for FTTP, sadly I cannot see anything down for your postcode.

Paul
Standard User lee111s
(member) Wed 24-Feb-16 14:34:36
Print Post

I think you've searched wrong. The whole postcode appears to be EO according to the Wholesale checker, the Openreach where and when page and Codelook (which I appreciate gets the information from Openreach).

Here's an example from the Wholesale checker - Address 25 NAIRN ROAD, WALSALL, WS3 3XA on Exchange LEAMORE

Openreach where and when comes back with -

Your fibre service is connected from this exchange.

Exchange name: Leamore
Exchange status: Fibre enabled

Technology: Pending - EO Line

You need to get in touch with http://www.blackcountrylep.co.uk/ who are running the BDUK for the black country.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 24-Feb-16 14:35:27
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Seems a reasonable assessment, the Black Country project people are the ones to chase.

Plans may change and the limited info out there can be out of date or just plain wrong sometimes, i.e. was the intent at one time but something forced a change.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 24-Feb-16 15:04:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It does now!

When looked they were all coming back as full speed ... And as my browser remembers field entries I have checked teh list that appears and the only WS postcode is WS3 3XA - something weird!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Feb-16 15:10:15
Print Post

It also told me they was all EO Lines when I checked, my guesses are the database had a hiccup.

Or possibly a premature update.

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to