General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pentaxian
(newbie) Fri 04-Mar-16 16:43:48
Print Post

New and Confused - Fibre Speeds

[link to this post]

Hi

Hope someone can help. Our village has just had fibre installed, the ADSL checker at BT Wholesale is now showing Fibre available. I check each Friday.

Today it is showing Fibre available at speeds up to 4Mb. Is this just a glitch in the system whilst the systems are updated etc, my house is 400m from the green fibre box.

Have tried speaking with BT via the online chat and the agent takes the details and goes to look into it and never returns. Plusnet whilst did answer only repeated what was showing which they found strange also.

Any advice / thoughts would be gratefully received.

Pal
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Mar-16 16:57:50
Print Post

Re: New and Confused - Fibre Speeds

[re: pentaxian] [link to this post]

If you want to private message or email your postcode to Andrew@thinkbroadband.com then I will take a look.

Sometimes there are oddities with the checkers that need sorting out, sometimes it is the reality due to an oddity in how the local network is laid out.

So it might be real, it might be a mistake.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pentaxian
(newbie) Fri 04-Mar-16 17:04:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, PM sent.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(member) Fri 04-Mar-16 17:53:15
Print Post

IF you check some of your neighbouring addresses using the address checker, this will give you an idea as to whether or not the speed for your line is an anomaly or if it's the expected speed for your line due to the distance you are from the cabinet.

That said, I saw on another forum someone who was estimated 3meg on FTTC, they went live on Wednesday with a sync speed of 21meg.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Mar-16 17:55:23
Print Post

Give it a week, this is one of those scenarios where the checker often sorts itself out in the few days.

Scenario is cab 1 covered a large area, but two new cabinets have been added for the outlying areas, cabs 14 and 15.

If after a week you are still seeing the wrong speed estimates and if in an email you can confirm the position of the cabinet (I've messaged where I think it would be), then will chase up with Openreach to get checkers updated.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pentaxian
(newbie) Fri 04-Mar-16 19:39:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, I will give it a week and see what happens. As I say I am only 400m from the cabinet so would of expected a better speed.
  Print Thread

Jump to