General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bdo21
(regular) Sat 05-Mar-16 16:29:51
Print Post

Field Survey Stage?

[link to this post]

Is there any way to get a better estimate of timing for a specific cabinet upgrade which is in the field survey stage? I am particularly looking at cabinet 6 at the Park Street exchange.

Also, I am helping some people with broadband and some are connected to cabinet 6 which is in the field survey stage and some to cabinet 7 (both at the Park Street exchange) which has no planned roll out. The openreach website shows the cabinets at the same location so I assume this is just a generic location - is there any way to see exactly where each one is?

Thank you
Standard User lee111s
(member) Sat 05-Mar-16 17:34:00
Print Post

Re: Field Survey Stage?

[re: bdo21] [link to this post]

There's no way to get more specific information about how long the survey will take etc. The best way to locate cabinets is go for a walk around the local area.
Standard User bdo21
(regular) Sat 05-Mar-16 18:47:03
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Thank you. How do I identify whether a cabinet is cabinet 6 or 7? I have seen markings on the cabinets but it doesn't seem to be a simple number label. Thank you!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kitcat
(committed) Sat 05-Mar-16 19:22:49
Print Post

[re: bdo21] [link to this post]

You will find a usually white painted number on BT cabs, so one will have a white 6 the other a 7.

If it is a complex number or alpha it is not BT.

The fibre twins will be within around 59m of the copper cab but will have no number on.
Standard User Nightglow
(member) Sat 05-Mar-16 21:09:36
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Enter you post code under Postcode to PCP it will show cab location, was within a few metres of marker on map for me.

https://windows.mouselike.org/be/index.asp?DoAction=...

Edited by Nightglow (Sat 05-Mar-16 21:13:11)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Mar-16 05:55:41
Print Post

[re: Nightglow] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nightglow:
Enter you post code under Postcode to PCP it will show cab location, was within a few metres of marker on map for me.

https://windows.mouselike.org/be/index.asp?DoAction=...
That site is useless if your postcode is served by multiple cabinets.

My postcode is served by 2 PCP cabinets and it only displays the other cabinet number and its location.

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to