General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User htmlboss
(newbie) Sat 05-Mar-16 22:38:37
Print Post

Alcatel-Lucent 7330 ONT

[link to this post]

Howdy peoples, here is bit of a different question for y'all:

I'm subscribed to the ludicrously overpriced (~$300/month) BellAliant FibreOP service in Atlantic Canada and I have been trying for the past week to get into the Alcatel-Lucent ONT to remove the dumb bandwidth cap (QoS policy) so I can actually upload large amounts of data to my VPS in a reasonable timeframe. Before I'm told to "get a better package" or "tough luck m8", or even "you should be thankful for your internet in the first place" [censored], think about this: Google Fibre is 1Gbps up AND down for almost 20% of what I'm paying for 300mbps down and 50 up. I hate their monopoly (and I'm not the only one).

Would anyone here have any prior experience dealing with this ONT (or something similar) to give me some pointers to connect to the darn thing in the first place? The manuals from Alcatel-Lucent have stated to connect to it on Port 1 and set a static IP address on my laptop's ethernet adapter to 192.168.4.1 and I can either telnet or access the web gui via 192.168.4.254. Obviously it didn't work (no surprise to me). I also acquired the OmniPCX software from the same company that apparently is used to connect to it and change settings.

Here are the manuals:
General Manual 1
Operations Manual

BTW. I'm not a noob in networking, I am just unfamiliar with Fibre Networks laugh
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 06-Mar-16 10:48:33
Print Post

Re: Alcatel-Lucent 7330 ONT

[re: htmlboss] [link to this post]

Generally a pointless exercise as providers will have scaled your connections capacity in hardware elsewhere, for the precise reason you are trying to do, basically upgrade to a faster package without paying

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-16 11:54:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

lol

BTInfinity - 79999/19999kbps - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 06-Mar-16 13:28:01
Print Post

If running Windows, what does ipconfig /all show run from the command prompt? In particular the Default Gateway and the DHCP server.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-16 23:11:31
Print Post

The limit is applied on the OLT in the CO that your ONT connects to. Even being able to control the ONT completely would do nothing for you.

Standard User htmlboss
(newbie) Wed 09-Mar-16 22:01:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : F0-BF-97-5D-E0-C5
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::25cc:a420:561f:9cf1%13(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.156.241(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 300990359
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1E-2C-97-A3-F0-BF-97-5D-E0-C5

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Standard User htmlboss
(newbie) Wed 09-Mar-16 22:02:40
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

That's what I would say NORMALLY, but someone told me that the limit was set in this thing, because they were able to remove it (this was a while ago so they forgot the process) tongue
  Print Thread

Jump to