General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-16 12:06:37
Print Post

Vectoring??

[link to this post]

The latest I can find is from January 2015 saying BT was expanding a trial of Vectoring but I haven't come across anything more recent...

What I have come across is some of the horror stories where people have lost high amounts of bandwidth within short terms of time and things have only got worse as more nd more take up of VDSL services....

Recently losing near 30Mb/s off my downstream and expecting a rather significant ammount of connections to go live onmy cabinet and within the DP I'm connected too, I'm rather concerned I may end up losing another 10-20Mb/s...

If knowone's going to put any fixes in place for such problem's I will campaign for an alternative infrastructure to supply my service.

BTInfinity - 79999/19999kbps - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Mar-16 12:10:17
Print Post

Re: Vectoring??

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
If knowone's going to put any fixes in place for such problem's I will campaign for an alternative infrastructure to supply my service.
Good luck with that. Please let us all know how you get on.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-16 13:16:42
Print Post

Yes for many customers FTTC AKA superfast bb, Has become a superfarce Because the copper pair was not designed for any bb service, Take copper out of the equation and things would be a lot different

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User burble
(regular) Sun 06-Mar-16 13:17:54
Print Post

AFAIK there will only be a limited roll out, so unless lots of people in your area are affected don't expect anything soon if at all.
Standard User lee111s
(member) Sun 06-Mar-16 13:26:12
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Blame Thatcher
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-16 13:39:10
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Yeah, but all the rest since haven't been bending over backwards to get a national roll-out of fibre either, thatchers legacy's that b...c did a lot of damage to this country, why hasn't someone had the balls to scrap the council tax and replace it with something fairer ?

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 06-Mar-16 13:42:16)

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-16 13:42:19
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

Well from what I've noticed, it seems that in situations (such as apartment buildings) where crosstalk is most likely going to be an issue I noticed the speed estimates given by BT Wholesale's checker seem to have a very wide gap of acceptable speed...

for instance, a quote on a neighbour's address has a 30+Mb/s range from highest to lowest 'acceptable' connection speed...

after checking an address (house) there's only a 13Mb/s range between highest and lowest 'acceptable', I then checked another apartment block an again the range was increased to 26Mb/s....

So basically no official comaplaints against crosstalk can be made unless it's bad enough to push connections outside the estimated/quoted speeds by ISP's and even then Openreach might just update their datebase to stop future connections being able to complain!!

So basically, no fix is planned and Openreach have moved past VDSL and more interested in G.Fast and getting higher 'headline' figures to go head to head with the opposition.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-16 13:44:13
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:
Blame Thatcher

Not quiet sure why we would blame a dead person... or how even?

I udnerstand what your trying to say, but' it's a poor excuse.

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Mar-16 13:54:00
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Yes for many customers FTTC AKA superfast bb, Has become a superfarce Because the copper pair was not designed for any bb service, Take copper out of the equation and things would be a lot different
You are aware that BTOR don't call FTTC superfast broadband, BTOR now display it as the following when you can get FTTC "Great news, you can order a fibre service." where as with FTTP they now say "Great news, you can get Superfast fibre directly to your home."

But yeah, I totally agree broadband was not designed to be used over twisted pair cables.

Paul
Standard User bet_here
(member) Sun 06-Mar-16 15:12:12
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
But yeah, I totally agree broadband was not designed to be used over twisted pair cables.

??Other way round??

Twisted pair cables were not designed to deliver broadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to