General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AdamAsh
(newbie) Wed 09-Mar-16 20:35:06
Print Post

New build property FTTP - BT Nightmare

[link to this post]

So, recently moved into a new build property and it's FTTP ready, had a BT open reach fiber box already under the stairs, plugged in and on. Power and PON lights are green. Ordered BT Infinity and was told I should be up and running in a few days. Home Hub 5 arrived, plugged into Fiber box and got orange light on HH5, waited until activation day and still orange.

I call BT, they said there was a problem and would have to cancel and reorder. 2nd activation day arrived, failed again - still orange light on HH5.

From here it's been endless phone calls to BT, being passed around like a hot potato with some simply shocking customer service along the way. The wait times on the phone are regularly an hour minimum and I'm often being put through to the wrong dept.

I finally get them to book an engineer to come to property in 2 weeks time (best they could offer) and I see today, without any explanation, this has been cancelled.

I've emailed, phoned, tweeted, live chat, you name it and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Getting through to them is a nightmare and so time consuming.

What can I do? Any recommendations? Do I really need an engineer or is it something else often caused with new builds? I'm completely lost as to what to do next.

Cheers!
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Wed 09-Mar-16 21:13:09
Print Post

Re: New build property FTTP - BT Nightmare

[re: AdamAsh] [link to this post]

Someone on this or another forum posed the following some time ago...I made a note of it.
BT FTTP team 0800 587 4787

That may help smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Mar-16 21:25:24
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

If not then email me and will through an email through to Openreach to short circuit the loops

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Mar-16 22:47:54
Print Post

There has been an issue in the last few weeks whereby the remote 'build' for these circuits has not been automatically done, this is due to a missing BBEU number.

Does your hub show a constant red B light beneath the orange one, and is the TEL1 light lit on the ONTE ? If so I'd happily wager that the above is the cause.

If so what is required is for Openreach to add the missing information so the remote build will work. However it would seem BT Retail are insisting that an engineer goes out just to make the phone calls. Daft.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Standard User AdamAsh
(newbie) Wed 09-Mar-16 23:23:54
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Orange light on HH5, no other lights showing, just the orange glow from the front big light. It's solid orange, not flashing.

No Telephone lights are lit on the Fiber box, but I haven't got a phone plugged into it, just the HH5.

Thanks for posting that phone number also, sadly that's the number I've been calling already and getting nowhere.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Mar-16 07:17:19
Print Post

Ah, so it would seem the symptoms are different in your case. May still be the same issue though.

ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Thu 10-Mar-16 08:34:15
Print Post

Re:New build property FTTP - BT Nightmare

Hi AdamAsh,

Sorry to see that you're having problems with your FTTP order. I can help straighten everything out for you if you like. Use this form to send us your details and we'll take it from there - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Thanks,

Rob
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User AdamAsh
(newbie) Thu 10-Mar-16 08:56:22
Print Post

Re:New build property FTTP - BT Nightmare

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

Thanks Rob, I will do that.
  Print Thread

Jump to