General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lee111s
(member) Thu 17-Mar-16 18:29:54
Print Post

Cabinet build timeframe

[link to this post]

Fibre to the cabinet is coming!

My cabinet has been at survey for about a month or so and today I can see Openreach have been out and spray painted the pavements for the cab location and various power lines that are nearby.

Does anyone have any experience on roughly how long after this is done that work will commence? Or is it the old how long is a piece of string?
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 17-Mar-16 18:44:04
Print Post

Re: Cabinet build timeframe

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:
Or is it the old how long is a piece of string?

Twice as long as half its length!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User lee111s
(member) Thu 17-Mar-16 20:20:47
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I suspected so. I should have known better than to even bother posting 😄

Hopefully it's sooner rather than later!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User eckiedoo
(experienced) Thu 17-Mar-16 21:01:44
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Whilst agreeing with MHC generally, my local FTTC cabinet was listed for about 18 months that it would be "Released for Service" at/by 30th May 2014.

Most of the town was done "simultaneously", not sure of how many cabinets, probably around 30 - must try to check.

Actual work started in November 2013; and the various teams appeared for a day or two at around two week intervals.

The RSF Date remained 30th May 2014.

Although the RSF did not change, judging by some TBB Tests I noted, it actually became active, in late March 2014.

At that time, I had a very satisfactory ADSL connection; and generally I did not need to upgrade; but decided to do so in May 2014, the upgrade taking place on the 4th June 2014 at about 12:15, as I watched it actually being done at the PCP.

At present, 2 years later, only about 65 Upgrades have been done, with 96 Filter-Links in the FTTC, on a back-plane of potentially 288.

So quite an investment for a very small uptake - but generally in line with national figures.

Edited by eckiedoo (Thu 17-Mar-16 21:05:34)

Print Thread

Jump to