General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jwatson15
(newbie) Fri 18-Mar-16 13:35:48
Print Post

Exchange only line?

[link to this post]

Hi all

Up until recently I am sure when i checked my phone number against this site;

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s...

It said i was connected to Cabinet 15. Recently outside the estate, we have had a brand new PCP cabinet installed alongside a Fibre cabinet. Great, I thought..

However now when i check my phone number against the checker, it no longer shows a cabinet number, indicating a Exchange Only line. Is it possible with the new PCP being installed that we have been moved temporarily?

I will also add that if i add next door neighbours phone number into checker, theres still says cabinet 15.

This is also the same if i check details against;

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

My phone number says Technology Pending : EO Line - next door neighbours says Cabinet 15

The estate is a brand new one and only been here for 2 years or so.

Thanks for any input.

Jamie
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-Mar-16 13:40:54
Print Post

Re: Exchange only line?

[re: jwatson15] [link to this post]

Is the fibre twin live for the neighbours yet?

The checkers often flux a bit as EO cabinets appear and then finally go live, with sometimes mistakes creeping in. So if VDSL2 is available to order for others from cabinet 15 email me with your actual details and will pester Openreach about the mistake.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jwatson15
(newbie) Fri 18-Mar-16 14:04:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi Andrew

If I check neighbours phone number, oddly it says this against accepting orders;

Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet. This might be because the length of the line is too long to get Superfast speeds. We're actively looking at other options. If you'd like us to let you know if fibre becomes available, register your details.

Your fibre service is connected from this exchange.

Exchange name: Watton
Exchange status: Fibre enabled

Cabinet number: 15

If I check mine it says this;

We're working with government and industry to explore ways to bring Superfast fibre to as many people as possible but don't have a plan for your area yet. You might consider co-funding fibre access in your community.

Your fibre service is connected from this exchange.

Exchange name: Watton
Exchange status: Fibre enabled

Technology: Pending - EO Line

Bearing in mind both houses built at same time and I'm 99% sure mine used to say cabinet 15.

If I check this site;

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

My phone number doesn't give a cabinet number but neighbours does.
If I enter full address instead, it shows me all the fibre speeds and says connected to Cabinet 15.

I should also add that since the new cabinets have popped up, my current speed has dropped from 10mbps to 4mbps.

Just seems all too much of a coincidence - i'm intrigued to see what you make of it!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-Mar-16 14:19:11
Print Post

Watton near Thetford

Cabinet is live and only just gone live, so if you can email me your details I'll pester the appropriate people.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jwatson15
(newbie) Fri 18-Mar-16 14:23:01
Print Post

Indeed that's the one

I have sent you an email, hopefully you can find out more info that I've been able to!

Would you say that it's possible there's an error with database? Or with the work that's occurred this has had an impact on my current ADSL speed?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-Mar-16 14:44:11
Print Post

Cabinet 15 for phone connections has been standing for a long time, and adding a fibre twin should not impact on ADSL/ADSL2+ speeds, but there are times when it does, would need to see the line stats (attenuation/noise margin/connection speed figures)

Looks most likely to be a mistake that can be corrected, just one question I've asked in email

Standard User jwatson15
(newbie) Fri 18-Mar-16 14:49:33
Print Post

Indeed cab 15 has been there a while, not sure if that's why they've installed a new PCP or perhaps for capacity reasons?

And thanks for sending the email, look forward to seeing what they have to say.
Standard User jwatson15
(newbie) Sun 20-Mar-16 21:53:39
Print Post

Hi again Andrew

Was just wandering do openreach normally let you know the outcome of their checks and typically how long do they take to respond?

Many thanks again
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 20-Mar-16 21:56:07
Print Post

I normally get something back, but its variable in terms of response speed

Standard User jwatson15
(newbie) Sun 20-Mar-16 22:02:48
Print Post

Ok that's great. I was speaking to BT earlier about my slow speeds and tried to explain the situation with the new cabinets going up and now showing as a EO line etc but I'm sure you will know as well as I that they don't have the kind of info openreach have. They did offer to send an openreach engineer round to see why my speeds have declined - would they be able to check where I am actually connected if I take there offer up? I mean would an openreach engineer actually check that for me while they are investigating the speed issue of I asked?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to