General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Alucidnation
(learned) Mon 21-Mar-16 08:16:56
Print Post

New Box by BT Green Cabinet.

[link to this post]

Hi all,

After a few weeks of our green cabinet being covered up, it has now been revealed and appears to have expanded in size, however, it now has a much slimmer but same height green box connected to the side of it.

Reading through the forums, it looks like a power supply of some sort like this which may be used for G fast?

http://blog.thinkbroadband.com/wp-content/uploads/20...
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Mon 21-Mar-16 09:11:50
Print Post

Re: New Box by BT Green Cabinet.

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

Where do you live? G.Fast is still in trial phase in a few specific locations. It could be FTTrN though, fibre to the remote node, which is sometimes used for rural locations whereby you're too far from a cabinet to get regular FTTC services. I think it's also been used in some areas for green cabinets that are SCP's (secondary connection points) as opposed to PCP's (primary connection points)

What does the Wholesale checker show for your line - https://www.btwholesale.com/adslchecker/
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Mon 21-Mar-16 09:14:39
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

looks like a small fibre cabinet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Icaras
(committed) Mon 21-Mar-16 09:32:25
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

A very small fibre cabinet. So dI'd the existing copper cabinet already have a DSLAM next to it? In other words are there now 3 cabinets?
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Mar-16 09:46:57
Print Post

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alucidnation:
Hi all,

After a few weeks of our green cabinet being covered up, it has now been revealed and appears to have expanded in size, however, it now has a much slimmer but same height green box connected to the side of it.

Sounds more like a stand off shell if it's directly connected by a couple of metal tubes.

Standard User Icaras
(committed) Mon 21-Mar-16 10:05:37
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by Alucidnation:
Hi all,

Sounds more like a stand off shell if it's directly connected by a couple of metal tubes.

Ah yes, I missed the bit where he said it was physically connected. Yeah it's just an extension to the copper cab to fit in more tie pairs then.
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Mon 21-Mar-16 10:17:25
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

If it's the same as the one shown in the image above, it wouldn't have the need to advise risk of electric shock if it was just for extra tie pairs for copper lines would it? It also seems to have vents in it, which would indicate it has some sort of powered device inside which requires cooling.

Edited by lee111s (Mon 21-Mar-16 10:18:23)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Mar-16 11:30:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by lee111s:
If it's the same as the one shown in the image above, it wouldn't have the need to advise risk of electric shock if it was just for extra tie pairs for copper lines would it? It also seems to have vents in it, which would indicate it has some sort of powered device inside which requires cooling.

It also wouldn't be directly connected.

Standard User lee111s
(committed) Mon 21-Mar-16 11:51:49
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

I think we need a photo of the actual cabinet from the OP smile
Standard User Icaras
(committed) Mon 21-Mar-16 12:00:45
Print Post

I know, I've already said that I now don't think that it is like the one pictured. The original post says its directly connected.

If it's directly connected then it'll have two tubes connecting it to the original copper cabinet, it won't have any power in it so it wouldn't need a sticker. All it aould have in it is additional copper tie pairs going to the DSLAM. Yes, I think we need pictures too.

No, don't read anything into vents. Normal copper cabinets are usually vented.

Edited by Icaras (Mon 21-Mar-16 12:02:51)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to