General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ashlez
(experienced) Sat 26-Mar-16 10:49:29
Print Post

FTTC order problems

[link to this post]

I recently moved into a new house in an FTTC enabled area and I am having problems getting an FTTC service.

I placed an order with Plusnet for their home phone service and fibre unlimited just over a week ago. The phone line was still wired correctly in the house and I was quickly activated for home phone and allocated a number - all within 48 hours. The home phone service is working just fine.

After the home phone service was activated, they put the fibre order on hold for a few days to allow the BT DSL checker time to update, but unfortunately it hasn't updated, and they say they are unable to process the fibre order due to the checker stating that FTTC isn't available on the line! If I run my number through the checker, it shows up as being connected to cabinet 45, but the whole FTTC section is missing.

The previous owners of the property said they had BT infinity, my neighbours have FTTC services, and the checker says I am connected to cabinet 45, which is a fibre enabled cabinet and I can see the two green boxes about 100m from my house (one has the number 45 on!)

What's going on here, and how can I get this resolved? At the moment, I seem to be stuck, with no way forward.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Mar-16 11:44:08
Print Post

Re: FTTC order problems

[re: ashlez] [link to this post]

Probably full or out of capacity. Which exchange?
Standard User ashlez
(experienced) Sat 26-Mar-16 12:02:08
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Chippenham (SSCHI)

www.superfast-openreach.co.uk says "Accepting Orders" for cabinet 45.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Mar-16 12:24:20
Print Post

I reckon it's out of capacity. you need to keep checking when It becomes available again because it's very limited on this cabinet
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Sat 26-Mar-16 13:06:39
Print Post

use this and it it does no not show an FTTc Speed then cab / card is full

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm
Standard User ashlez
(experienced) Sat 26-Mar-16 16:17:53
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't think that is the case in this situation.

When my parents got fibre recently - the cabinet was full initially. All the line stats were still there for FTTC even though the cabinet was full, and we could place the order etc - it just got wait listed on cabinet capacity. The www.superfast-openreach.co.uk website also told us that the cabinet was on high demand and the order would be wait listed, so it seems pretty accurate to me.

With my line, www.superfast-openreach.co.uk says that my cabinet (45) is accepting orders, isn't in high demand and everything should be fine, but when you put in my phone number in the checker it only displays stats for ADSL

Something else is broken - it's almost like the checker database isn't correct for the line, and it thinks I'm not even on an FTTC cabinet.
Standard User gillsbay
(newbie) Sat 26-Mar-16 16:49:36
Print Post

could this be because you have been allocated a new number on the line and that the database has not yet caught up?
Standard User ashlez
(experienced) Sat 26-Mar-16 16:52:20
Print Post

[re: gillsbay] [link to this post]

Possibly yes, but it's only supposed to take a max of 48 hours to update - it's been 6 days now.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 27-Mar-16 16:05:07
Print Post

AIUI not all ISPs operate the "wait list" system.

Which ISP did your parents sign up to? If it wasn't Plusnet that may be the problem if they don't. Not only that, but if they don't then they have no chance as if there are wait-listed orders from other ISPs they will always get first go.

It may be time to get on the Plusnet Community forums and raise a question about wait-listing. Unless there is already a thread about it you could browse.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to