General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Cactusweasel
(regular) Wed 30-Mar-16 16:25:26
Print Post

FTTC Inverness Macdhui - Cabinet 43

[link to this post]

Hello,

Wonder if anyone has any idea whats going on here, perhaps I'm just being paranoid!

I've been on an EO line for donkeys and not been able to get fibre, however just recently the openreach checker is now reporting my line as being on cabinet 43 which is right outside the flats - this cabinet has been FTTC enabled for years now, and it would certainly appear they have rerouted the lines to that cabinet rather than putting me on one of the new cabinets being built at the exchange for the other EO lines as part of the government funded part of the rollout.

On Thursday last week (24th) the checker was showing speed estimates for FTTC, great I thought - put in my upgrade order with BT and it was accepted and I have the 15th April as my install date. A neighbour also put in an order at the same time. However, the checker is now no longer showing FTTC speed estimates, although it does still say cabinet 43.

Is this just the checker in limbo between old and new information, cabinet capacity full perhaps or something that might genuinely mess up installation on the 15th? It has been such a long wait, and it's so tantalisingly close.

Many thanks,
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Mar-16 16:30:20
Print Post

Re: FTTC Inverness Macdhui - Cabinet 43

[re: Cactusweasel] [link to this post]

I would guess that so many people ordered that the cab is full for additional orders until additional capacity is added - but if they haven't told you that there is a problem with your order then you probably have one of the assigned ports.
Standard User Cactusweasel
(regular) Wed 30-Mar-16 16:50:53
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Order is still live at the moment, when I placed the upgrade initially it was for the 19th but they then changed it to the 15th - so there has been some movement on the order already, hopefully that is a good sign.

Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ace_modder
(newbie) Wed 30-Mar-16 16:59:28
Print Post

You are being upgraded to 56k speed. Enjoy!
Standard User L0giX
(regular) Fri 08-Apr-16 23:11:10
Print Post

Hope you get is soon mate

Freoioioioioioii
  Print Thread

Jump to