General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Sun 03-Apr-16 16:22:38
Print Post

Fibre Tech Progression -G.fast

[link to this post]

Can anyone provide any up-to-date information (news, updates, rollout plans etc.) on G.fast or a website with regular updates on trials?

Thanks in advance.
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Sun 03-Apr-16 16:28:23
Print Post

Re: Fibre Tech Progression -G.fast

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]

http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/OurNetwork/ul...

There is also information posted on ispreview pretty much as soon as anything becomes public knowledge.

Edited by lee111s (Sun 03-Apr-16 16:29:25)

Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Sun 03-Apr-16 20:23:05
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Many thanks Lee, much appreciated.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User burble
(regular) Mon 04-Apr-16 08:56:22
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:
http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/OurNetwork/ul...

There is also information posted on ispreview pretty much as soon as anything becomes public knowledge.

On Saturday we stopped just outside Campton to look at what we thought was a planning notice. It was an Openreach notice, can't remember the exact wording but it mentioned "We will be working on broadband", thought this was a bit odd as I've never seen any notice prior to blowing fibre, so I guess this refers to installation of G.fast equipment.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Apr-16 10:37:35
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by burble:
On Saturday we stopped just outside Campton to look at what we thought was a planning notice. It was an Openreach notice, can't remember the exact wording but it mentioned "We will be working on broadband", thought this was a bit odd as I've never seen any notice prior to blowing fibre, so I guess this refers to installation of G.fast equipment.

I thought Campton was trialling a new FTTP deployment, not G.Fast.

I imagine the notice is around because this deployment method has BT going onto every property, and installing BFT into the external duct. That's fundamentally different from previous rollouts: in those, BT would only access your property after you had ordered.
  Print Thread

Jump to