General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Sun 10-Apr-16 21:38:55
Print Post

Re: Switch from FTTC to another FTTC provider

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ohh yeah? well thats even better.

BT Infinity 2 - 80/20
BT Mobile - 4G
BT Mobile 4G Speedtest
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 10-Apr-16 22:51:38
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
That's not true. Plusnet staff say if you do downgrade from 80/20 to 40/2 u will not seeing any DLM reset (for my parents line as they are fed up with getting 42Meg from 80/20) and Plusnet will not reset their DLM.

put simply max, they wrong.

Either the staff are misinformed or they trying to deter people from doing that, as regrade's may have plusnet losing out financially.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Apr-16 23:05:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
MACs don't even exist now.

Even much better. I used to called loads of isp's in the past probably hundred times of migration away using MACs

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Apr-16 23:07:04
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:

Either the staff are misinformed or they trying to deter people from doing that, as regrade's may have plusnet losing out financially.

I think you are correct there. I will tell my parents to downgrade to 40/2 from 80/20 because they never getting get over 42Meg in speed (using ethernet cable)
Standard User smsmasters
(committed) Sun 10-Apr-16 23:29:37
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
In reply to a post by Chrysalis:

I think you are correct there. I will tell my parents to downgrade to 40/2 from 80/20 because they never getting get over 42Meg in speed (using ethernet cable)

I would downgrade but my CP wants to put me on another 12 month contract.

Standard User hoopla
(member) Tue 12-Apr-16 16:53:56
Print Post

[re: smsmasters] [link to this post]

My experience of doing just this does not seem to tally with what other people say here.

The changeover was a couple of years ago or so. The modem didn't lose synch when the changeover happened.

Even before I put in the new username and password into the router, the graph of the connection showed a marked improvement in latency, slight improvement is speed and significant improvement in packet loss. The yellow spike in the graph went away.

There was no loss of connectivity, apart from when the router restarted after I put the new login in. And that was several hours after the transfer had gone through.

I can't see how the line could have been switched to a different port without any loss of connectivity, so I assume it stayed on the same port.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to