General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-Apr-16 16:41:24
Print Post

Hawarden Exchange (WNHAW) Cabinet 26

[link to this post]

A friend of mine has an office in Clwyd Close, CH5 3PZ which is near to CAB 26 which is on Airfield View, CH5 3QW both within the Hawarden Business Park.

Whilst CAB 26 has a FTTC cubicle next to it, they have been told that they cannot have FTTC.

I have been keying in telephone numbers of businesses on those two roads into the checker and I am either getting that they are not BT numbers, or that the best available is ADSL2+ My friend's office gets about 1MB.

Whilst I have a suspicion as to why FTTC is not available (due to Welsh Government subsidies both to BT and to FibreSpeed http://www.fibrespeed.co.uk/wp-content/dl/MKT_Networ... - for which a node is present there, and two competing subsidised products not being allowed for the same area) it does beggar the question of who or how many are connected to CAB 26 FTTC? The nearby houses being connected to CAB 21.

Grateful if anyone can shed any light on CAB 26

Thanks.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC
DrayTek Vigor 2920Vn

Andrews & Arnold Data SIM
HUAWEI E5776
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 12-Apr-16 16:54:35
Print Post

Re: Hawarden Exchange (WNHAW) Cabinet 26

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Use the address checker option and enter the postcode ... then when the list appears, select the actual address from the drop down. Quite a few of those business units are on Cab 21. That might give a better picture.

And as for speeds of 1MB ... shame on you! That should be 1Mb or 1Mbps - have you been consuming too much snake-oil?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-Apr-16 17:59:01
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Ah, that's interesting. The BT Checker I was using did not have that function, but can now see on the OR one that the address in question is on CAB 26 - which at least does have a FTTC cubicle next to it.

It also shows "Connect" which suggests four months from when that cabinet went into that state.

It would be interesting to know when the current status will move on.

Yup, got my B mixed up with my b

I am avoiding the snake oil. It must have been due to the 300 joules...

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC
DrayTek Vigor 2920Vn

HUAWEI E5776

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 12-Apr-16 18:10:11
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Which one were you using?

The one I used was: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Addres... reached from http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome and selecting Address Checker at the bottom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Apr-16 18:24:31
Print Post

CH5 3US, CH5 3QZ, CH5 3QY, CH5 3QB and CH5 3NU should have all the premises on cab 26

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-Apr-16 18:31:31
Print Post

Initially I used the BT Wholesale checker via my ISP.

Then found http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/OurNetwork/Su... which with the CH5 3PZ postcode gave me the address dropdown which then showed the "Cabinet Fibre Journey" with "Connect" highlighted. And the following text.

"We're connecting power to the new fibre cabinet and joining the new fibre lines to the existing copper network. You can't order a fibre service today but typically it'll be available to your premises within the next four months.
If you'd like to know when you can order fibre, register your details.
Find out more about the fibre journey."

I'll get my mate to Register, but meanwhile I am Chairing a meeting with the Regional Director of BT on Thursday, so will try and progress there.

Must admit when I looked at the Cabinet this afternoon, it did not look as if it had been fitted that recently. Will have to take another look. It does not show as FTTC on Googlearth or Streetview, both of which are not that current.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC
DrayTek Vigor 2920Vn

HUAWEI E5776
  Print Thread

Jump to