General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TheLastMinute
(newbie) Fri 15-Apr-16 15:45:15
Print Post

Fibre cab installed, but why no info from anyone?

[link to this post]

HI,

I wonder if anyone could help me with this?

My cabinet (Long Ashton 8) is showing on the Connecting Devon and Somerset website that it's due to to be surveyed sometime between April and September this year as part of phase 1.

About a month ago, Openreach actually installed a DSLAM and, last week, were seen to be installing the tie lines between the DSLAM and PCP cabs, so things are obviously progressing.

The trouble I'm having it getting any information out of either Openreach or CDS about when it's expected to go live.

On the Openreach "when can I get fibre" page, the cabinet status is "exploring solutions". I've emailed BT and after getting the stock reply, I was told it's down to my local BDUK project to decide who they tell when.

I emailed CDS and was told that, despite the DSLAM cabinet being stood, a survey is still to be carried out and all they can tell me is it will be by the end of the year, which is when their contract with BT ends.

I understand things between CDS and Openreach aren't too cosy, but it seems unlikely that a cabinet would be stood and connected to the existing infrastructure if Openreach had still to carry out surveys. I also understand that CDS can only release information once Openreach have given consent.

Does anyone have any advice or information about what's going on?

Cheers, Mike
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Fri 15-Apr-16 15:53:04
Print Post

Re: Fibre cab installed, but why no info from anyone?

[re: TheLastMinute] [link to this post]

Interestingly, Codelook doesn't display any cabinets at all for your exchange.
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-Apr-16 16:18:05
Print Post

Re: Fibre cab installed, but why no info from anyone?

[re: TheLastMinute] [link to this post]

Power is connected but nothing else yet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to