General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User prettyflyguy
(learned) Sat 16-Apr-16 15:39:56
Print Post

Former EO fibre install, checker says Yes engineer says No

[link to this post]

I Have emailed Andrew with the following problem with Openreach and Sky switching my Adsl over to Fibre Pro and was just wondering if anyone else could help find out more or give advice.

We recently had a new pcp and fibre cab installed side by side around 100 or so metres down the street. Have been keeping an eye on BT wholesale checker for it to be become live for ordering which it did around the end of March. So went ahead and ordered fibre pro through Sky who checked to see if it was available to me to which they said it was and would be around the max speed available.

Anyhoo was given a date of 12th April for activation which was then delayed till the 15th April . I got home yesterday to find that my broadband was disconnected, checked the SR102 router stats to see no adsl signal so rebooted incase this was needed to connected to the fibre signal.

Still nothing so phoned Sky who said there was a fault on line and arranged to send an engineer out for Today, he came out plugged his signal oscillator thingy into the phone and left for cab. He came back and said that our line wasnt connected to the cabinet and wasnt even sure if the cabinet was live. He said the system said i was EO line and something about when he input our details on it showing I wasnt on cab 33. Seem to think i was the 1st person being connected to the Fibre cab.

Should the 1st engineer who was meant switch me over on the cab to fibre on 15th not have noticed my line routing too?

I have checked neighbours on the address checker and one next door shows as on cab 24 but others are saying cab 33 and fibre available like mine.

Any ideas on this if its a system not being updated correctly never used to show cab number as was EO before this? Any advice as to what i should be saying to Sky to get Openreach to sort this out?

I should say also that i wasnt home for the engineer visit it was my other half, so she told me what she could remember was said.

I now have no broadband at all, no signal on mobile at home so have to use my Dads broadband to message on here.

Should add postcode is G537XD

Edited by prettyflyguy (Sat 16-Apr-16 16:21:10)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 16-Apr-16 16:26:58
Print Post

Re: Former EO fibre install, checker says Yes engineer says

[re: prettyflyguy] [link to this post]

No sign of the line being EO, just needs Sky to stay on the ball and pester for the Openreach engineers to find your line and sort out what is probably a jumpering issue in the cabinet.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Sat 16-Apr-16 16:51:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
No sign of the line being EO, just needs Sky to stay on the ball and pester for the Openreach engineers to find your line and sort out what is probably a jumpering issue in the cabinet.

Thanks for the reply MrSaffron, if it is a jumpering issue should the 2 engineers not have checked this at exchange or Fttc cab to sort this. This wasnt even a Kellys or MJ Quinn engeneer either.

He told other half to phone Sky to put us back onto ADSL as we had no chance of fibre until another cab was installed to take on remaining EO lines aswell frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 16-Apr-16 16:53:04
Print Post

Sometimes there are oddities in the local network which makes it harder for engineers to find lines properly, it is even possible something odd has been at the exchange end, but needs Sky to keep chasing.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Dw2k
(member) Sat 16-Apr-16 23:01:10
Print Post

Seems to be a similar situation to here. Recently put on a cab from being EO, showed as live on dslchecker.bt.com - ordered the next day then put on hold since.

Seen a lot of engineers around the new cabinet and digging holes in the road. Guess it wasn't as ready as the checker says!!

Think I was the first person to order Fibre, now on hold.

PlusNet
(learned) Wed 20-Apr-16 09:21:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well, still waiting for this to be fixed and still no fibre service. Phoned Sky on Saturday explained what we thought the problem was and raised another fault said wouldn't ne able to get anyone till Tuesday.

Missed call from Sky last night around 8pm and message left saying no fault on line found and everything was fine and I'm connected to the fibre. Really starting annoy me now as I cant get anywhere with them, so frustrating.
(learned) Wed 20-Apr-16 19:00:35
Print Post

Phoned Sky fibre team again who did another line test and are now saying we are not synchronised with the cab/exchange. Another engineer visit for tomorrow between 1pm & 6pm.

Any ideas on what to say to him if he cant find my line either and his iphone says not on the new cab?
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Apr-16 22:20:04
Print Post

Maybe ask for a "pair prove", where the engineer is tasked to confirm the identity of all the connection points, DP, PCP, MDF etc. And all the pair numbers in the d-side and e-side.
(learned) Wed 20-Apr-16 23:37:58
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Will be sure to do this this wwwombat, thanks. Hopefully won't need to and all will be sorted with a decent engineer on site.
(learned) Thu 21-Apr-16 13:15:48
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Well engineer came around 8am and left around 1hr or 2 ago I think he did a "Pair Proove" as suggested along with trying to find a neighbours fibre signal to trace the line back to the cab through ducts or something or other

. I think he said our line hadnt been put over with others and switch it over or put on another spare. Said its copper all the way with no alu too, max attainable was just over 100Mbps.

SR102 shows me as Downstream 79987 kbps and Upstream 19999 kbps

[img=http://s31.postimg.org/8tafxwz5j/Screenshot_2016_04_21_12_19_46.jpg]

Thanks for everyones help Happy days
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to