General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ianmcmillan
(member) Thu 21-Apr-16 18:02:34
Print Post

FTTC or FTTP

[link to this post]

Hello,

At G42 9LG, we are served by Langside cabinet 80. Codelook has suggested FTTP build is in progress and due by August 2016, however a large cabinet has been erected next to the smaller existing cabinet. Would this suggest I should actually expect FTTC? The current roadworks are definitely by Openreach.

Thanks,
Ian
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Thu 21-Apr-16 18:08:26
Print Post

Re: FTTC or FTTP

[re: ianmcmillan] [link to this post]

There could be a mix depending on network topography.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 21-Apr-16 18:46:57
Print Post

Plans change, so until it goes live you cannot tell, and even then in some areas some premises get a choice of FTTC or FTTP. Seems more common in projects with EU money to target business, or where FTTC is sub 15 Mbps and contract has a high requirement for over 15 Mbps speeds.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ianmcmillan
(member) Thu 21-Apr-16 20:24:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you. This cabinet serves only a residential street which already has 18-20Mbps ADSL2 connections.

This photo shows the original BT cabinet on the left, and the new Openreach cabinet on the right: http://imgur.com/Na3YzIE

Edited by ianmcmillan (Thu 21-Apr-16 20:24:58)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 21-Apr-16 21:39:02
Print Post

So looks like original plans have been changed from P to C

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 22-Apr-16 00:10:28
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The address list given by putting the postcode into the BTW Address checker gives some strange stuff that I haven't seen before.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 22-Apr-16 08:33:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Are you referring to the 0/1, 0/2, 1/1, 1/1 2/1, 2/2 &c ? I believe that may be referring to Floor/Apartment where 0/1 means ground floor apartment 1, 2/3 would mean second floor apartment 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to