General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User demonwithin666
(newbie) Wed 27-Apr-16 14:53:41
Print Post

Cabinet 29 - Ackworth - Waiting List

[link to this post]

Moving to a new house which is on cabinet 29 in Ackworth off the Hemsworth telephone exchange. The area does have fibre however there is a waiting list according to the checker. Does anyone in the know know how you get on this waiting list or when additional capacity will be added to this exchange?

It's been set was waiting list on the availability checker for the past 6 months without a change.
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Wed 27-Apr-16 15:00:18
Print Post

Re: Cabinet 29 - Ackworth - Waiting List

[re: demonwithin666] [link to this post]

I don't know of any ISP's that are making use of the waiting list.

It may well be that the cabinet is at full capacity and requires a second fibre cabinet to be installed.

Openreach are the only ones who will know.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-Apr-16 15:16:48
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

roadworks.org can give some indication of how things are progressing since more copper links, or extra cabinet may well show up due to digging up of road/footpath requirements.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(committed) Wed 27-Apr-16 15:30:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Indeed however this usually only appears a couple of weeks yor so before work is due to commence.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Wed 27-Apr-16 15:43:45
Print Post

[re: demonwithin666] [link to this post]

I'm in the same boat although my house won't be completed for another 5 months but the cabinet the development is connected to has switched between Available and Waiting List 4 times in the last 5 weeks.

I guess it's going to be ongoing for a while because the PCP covers almost 1600 properties and Openreach have identified it as high demand.
  Print Thread

Jump to