General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User derby13
(newbie) Wed 27-Apr-16 16:58:01
Print Post

Jobs showing on roadworks.org - accurate? (Derby PCP 13)

[link to this post]

Hi all. I've recently noticed that on roadworks.org, the following jobs have appeared for my cabinet (Derby 13):

(PCP13), NGA RELATED WORKS, ST WERBURGHS CHURCHYARD
Description:
Provide, Renew, Replace or Recover an Huawei96 NGA Street Cabinet and NGA Street Cabinet Base. Laying Duct in Footway (One Way) 5m

Install 1m of 1 way power duct in Footway,Performing an 1excavation to expose existing power cable in Footway

However, the checker on the Openreach website is still listing the cabinet as "In Scope" and says no plans have been made for its upgrade yet.

How accurate is the roadworks website data? Can I ignore the Openreach checker and look forward to fibre in the coming months, or am I popping the champagne cork too soon?

Thanks
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Wed 27-Apr-16 17:05:23
Print Post

Re: Jobs showing on roadworks.org - accurate? (Derby PCP 13)

[re: derby13] [link to this post]

I'd be more inclined to believe roadworks than the Openreach checker.

My cabinet has been at survey for about 2 months now but the spray painting was done some 5 weeks ago. No sign of any works yet. Infact the spray paint has all but worn away with all the lovely rain we've had.
Standard User solchain
(learned) Fri 29-Apr-16 11:25:14
Print Post

agree with lee111s, my cabinet was due to be surveyed between March 2016 and March 2017 but went live last August, so I would believe roadworks.org - although dates can slip on there.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Fri 29-Apr-16 13:16:04
Print Post

are you on the Derby exchange?, for that pcp13 is 'not avaliable'
or the Willowcroft exchange, where cab13 is close to the church, and has had fttc for a while.
Standard User derby13
(newbie) Fri 29-Apr-16 21:16:34
Print Post

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

It's definitely the Derby exchange I'm on.

Frustratingly, I've noticed that both jobs have today been removed from roadworks, despite the fact they hadn't yet been due to commence. All other jobs relating to 4 other nearby cabs that appeared at the same time are still there however
Standard User thebigdolphin1
(regular) Fri 29-Apr-16 21:35:43
Print Post

If the roadworks icon was green, they may have completed the job early (I don't think they'd have to arrange a specific date as it doesn't get in the way of anybody). Check if they've placed a fibre cabinet within 50 metres of the original cabinet (as that's what the job description states they were doing).

If not, then they've either delayed or cancelled the operation.
Standard User derby13
(learned) Tue 10-May-16 18:50:28
Print Post

[re: thebigdolphin1] [link to this post]

Just to update, it was in fact posted on roadworks in error. Although Openreach have restarted the installation of fibre in Derby city centre, 13 isn't being done just yet.

Still, at least I can take some comfort in the fact that even though it appeared to be scheduled for the wrong time, if they've worked out locations and measurements, something will be happening soon, compared to having no updates whatsoever for the last 3+ years.
  Print Thread

Jump to