General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chrisbond
(learned) Wed 04-May-16 09:35:42
Print Post

FTTP Esculation times for long lead times?

[link to this post]

Does anybody know how to put pressure zen/openreach.

They have said its a 71 day build time for the new pole to be put up to provision service as currently my house is fed from armoured cable and no ducts, but keep putting the order in exception status to stop the build task from being created.

I'm already 48 days in and they have not created build task so understandable getting annoyed as openreach keep pushing the review date every week without fail.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-May-16 10:01:27
Print Post

Re: FTTP Esculation times for long lead times?

[re: chrisbond] [link to this post]

Surely it should be Zen who should be fighting your corner for you ?

What do they say on the subject ?

Standard User chrisbond
(learned) Wed 04-May-16 10:45:01
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

They keep following it up with openreach but bt keep taking the order out of exception then a week later on review date order is back in exception status. Latest update today from zen is only the "offline manager" can take the order out of exception but he never seems to!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-May-16 10:59:11
Print Post

So tell them to do what ever is required, they are happy to take your money, make them work a little for it, and hassle their suppliers.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-May-16 11:04:14
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Who's going to be paying the 3+ grand for the new pole?

Rather stretching definitions of premises passed when this level of work is needed.

Standard User TheEulerID
(committed) Wed 04-May-16 11:13:25
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Perhaps OR view it as an enabler for other properties? That's always one of those tricky things when the "first orderer" ends up allocated the full costs of what might become a shared facility.

nb. does it really cost £3k for a single pole? The OR pricelist for exess construction costs has a figure of £550, albeit I've no doubt that there are other things to be added to the list of costs.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/prici...
Standard User chrisbond
(learned) Wed 04-May-16 11:18:29
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

I am but just venting my frustration they are doing everything they can but blaming openreach (which I believe them). Not sure whether to emailing CEO of openreach is the right thing todo as I don't want to bear the cost of the pole myself that's currently going to go up for free when they place the order in build phase.

Its stupid it can stay in exception state to suite them though would suspect its a resource issue.

I think poles are around circa 600+vat plus other costs of laying duct from existing point to cable. FTTP been installed in village and is about 20 meters max from my property to underground duct.

Zen have already confirmed that openreach are paying for the costs.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-May-16 12:03:43
Print Post

Trouble is there are no service level guarantees for what you are ordering. So, any timescales they give are an indication rather than a contractual commitment. They can keep it going for years and there is no penalty to them because they don't have to provide you FTTP at all.
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Wed 04-May-16 14:43:56
Print Post

I was in exactly your position 14 months ago. Armoured copper cable and FTTP available. Openreach switched between a pole and ducting for a while. In the end they went with ducting but it took 8 months from available to order to a working installation.

As to who paid, I was with PlusNet. Openreach wanted to pass the £3k to them and they wanted to pass it on to me. In the end I went with BT because then magically the cost was absorbed. Not sure whether that was anti-competitive.

David

Infinity 2 over FTTP from BTBroadband
  Print Thread

Jump to