General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User blake3
(newbie) Thu 05-May-16 13:29:14
Print Post

Migrating to Co op Broadband

[link to this post]

I decided to consolidate my phone and Fibre Broadband. However, the Co-op as a new Provider, advised I needed to downgrade my existing Zen Internet fibre to ADSL prior to the Co Op installing their FBB service. When I asked Zen, they queried the need to reduce my service to ADSL to allow a new Provider to reinstall FBB. The subsequent explanation offered by Co Op was that their operating system is different. Thus it might reduce its performance if i ignored their advice. However, this might mean i would pay twice for an engineer to visit - once from Zen to downgrade and once from the Co-op to upgrade!!

As you can tell I have no IT expertise; I just want a straight forward consumer choice. Can someone explain why it would be necessary to reduce the service to ADSL to enable a new supplier to install their service? I have suspended my Order until I can get some clarification. Thank you for any advice.
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Thu 05-May-16 14:32:50
Print Post

Re: Migrating to Co op Broadband

[re: blake3] [link to this post]

If the co op won't migrate your FTTC connection I'd question their ability to help if something goes wrong.

I'd be looking for a different supplier.
Standard User eckiedoo
(experienced) Thu 05-May-16 15:20:13
Print Post

It might also shed some light on the situation if you can find out whom the Co-op is getting the BB services from.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-May-16 15:31:20
Print Post

HELL NO! If the Coop are advising this, they are not an eligible ISP to switch over to (unless you want to be with a provider who has no idea clearly).

Every ISP, Sky, TalkTalk, BT, PlusNet etc will be able to manage the migration just fine. I think your question here should be "which ISP should I choose instead of Co-op?" smile

Edited by ukhardy07 (Thu 05-May-16 15:31:40)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-May-16 15:54:10
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by eckiedoo:
It might also shed some light on the situation if you can find out whom the Co-op is getting the BB services from.
My guess would be TT wholesale/business,TT have some strange systems, Pulse8 would at one point have to put customers onto ADSL for a few days then place a second order for FTTC,
Which is totally pointless and unnecessary for a FTTC ><Migration as well as it incurring extra costs
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 05-May-16 16:57:03
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

HELL NO! If the Coop are advising this, they are not an eligible ISP to switch over to (unless you want to be with a provider who has no idea clearly).

Every ISP, Sky, TalkTalk, BT, PlusNet etc will be able to manage the migration just fine. I think your question here should be "which ISP should I choose instead of Co-op?"

You tell 'em girlfriend ! I 100% agree with your reply. smile

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 06-May-16 09:51:56
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

+1 for Tommy's suggestion that it could be a TalkTalk Business Wholesale broadband connection. Just the person advising the OP doesn't have a clue what an operating system is. (That's assuming the word "operating" was actually used, not "we operate on a different system").

I've never heard of Co op broadband. The nearest a quick Google shows is the Phone Co-op, which doesn't seem to me to be anything to do with "The Co-op".
"The Phone Co-op", "The Co-operative Phone and Broadband", "Us" or "We" means The Phone Co-op Limited (Industrial and Provident Society Registered Number IP28965R).
Ah, looking a bit further
In September 2012 we adopted The Co-operative brand. We remain a fully independent co-operative, using the brand under licence. We believe that by participating in The Co-operative brand, which benefits from a high level of recognition, trust and public respect, we will be in a position to reach far more customers, allowing us to increase our impact in an increasingly competitive industry.
Hmmm.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to