General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User APTMAN
(regular) Mon 09-May-16 15:58:44
Print Post

New TT Fibre Connection Chester.

[link to this post]

My daughter who is on a one year course is house sharing in Chester .
The landlord provides the broadband in with in the rent, after 6 months of thinking about he has ordered TT (I think business ) fibre.
I think it was on Talktalk business LLU ADSL and two weeks ago it was switched over to FTTC !..
There is no fixed land line phone on this service. !
There house is 3.5km from Chester North exchange WNCSN

They are about 500M from FTTC Cab41 Should get 35 D & 7.5 Up or more .

My daughter got me to remotely look at the New TT Huawei HG633 router yesterday via 'Teamviewer' from my home 80 miles away. .

It turns out they are still on ADSL-G.dmt

Up-stream rate = 608 kbps at 7db
Down = 288kbps at 6db both fast track 1/1

Router logs says it's been loosing dsl a few times in the two weeks.

Now wonder they had problems getting on the internet (4 people ).

One of the house mates has spoke with TT but there is only so much he could say as they are not the person who has ordered it.
I have told my daughter to send the landlord a screen shot of the router stats and send them off to TT.

Did I read that to come off a LLU service you have to go on ADSL fisrt before you can get on fibre FTTC ?.

Any comments please
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 09-May-16 16:07:06
Print Post

Re: New TT Fibre Connection Chester.

[re: APTMAN] [link to this post]

Migrations from ADSL to FTTC that include a change of provider should be no problem, unless you have an odd provider who does not want to play ball.

Presume this is TalkTalk Fibre service? Looks very like router has arrived but service upgrade is yet to happen, they can take a couple of weeks sometimes.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User APTMAN
(regular) Mon 09-May-16 16:37:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

They were told it was two weeks ago it took place.
Yes TalkTalk Fibre service (business )

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User solchain
(learned) Tue 10-May-16 11:18:10
Print Post

Sounds to me like you need to speak to TT, I had a similar thing with TT that they wouldn't talk to me, I persevered and explained that I wouldn't be making account changes, in the end asked to be put though to a manager who was very helpful and used common sense sorted it out for me.

Otherwise use the community support forum, they are very helpful - albeit slow at replying, but there you get the line checked or a replacement router without any account details other than the phone number.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-May-16 11:22:03
Print Post

[re: solchain] [link to this post]

Ermmm TT Business don't have a community forum, it's only for the residential arm. OP, you're better off calling TTB or getting in touch with their excellent webchat team.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Thank you BDUK for bringing FTTC to the Scottish Highlands
TalkTalk Business 80/20
My Broadband Quality Monitor
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Standard User APTMAN
(regular) Wed 11-May-16 00:14:32
Print Post

[re: solchain] [link to this post]

There is no phone !.
Standard User APTMAN
(regular) Wed 11-May-16 00:20:16
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

That's what one of the house mates has been doing and is getting nowhere because they have not ordered it, TT are saying it's the landlord who they need to talk too, but he does not live there.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-May-16 01:35:31
Print Post

Get landlord to give TT permission to talk to tenants WRT faults?

Warn agency that deductions from rent will be made to cover mobile broadband bills?
Standard User APTMAN
(regular) Sat 14-May-16 15:07:39
Print Post

Because there is no FTTC enabled yet one of the house mates has put back the ADSL only modem/router to get a better speed so they can use the internet.

If / when TT get around to getting Openreach to look into why the changeover to FTTC has gone wrong, if they leave the above router on and Not the new one and the connection is sorted out will there be no internet when they come back in to the house from work and the new router can then be put back and should get FTTC fibre ?.
  Print Thread

Jump to