General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Mic8393
(newbie) Sat 14-May-16 12:28:50
Print Post

FTTC Availability date changing all the time!

[link to this post]

I am becoming increasingly annoyed with Openreach and BT's DSL checker.

For months I have been checking the availability date of FTTC and every time that date arrives - bang on midnight - the date is knocked back four weeks. This has been happening for over a year. What makes it especially annoying is that if I check with my neighbours and their numbers, FTTC is available to them at the moment!

I have recently been in contact with Openreach after raising the issue - where they replied telling me they could not answer without further information from their concerned team.. This was weeks ago and I assume I will not be getting a reply.

Moreover, the reason in which I am so concerned about FTTC availability is that for over a year, my connection has been well below what it should be on ADSL Max, and BT's indian help centre can do NOTHING about this, they have tried resetting the line/connection etc. but that's another matter.

I am on the MACDUFF exchange, cabinet 4.
I live approx. 600m from the exchange and around 20m from the cabinet.

Is there anything more I can do?
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-May-16 14:28:19
Print Post

Re: FTTC Availability date changing all the time!

[re: Mic8393] [link to this post]

Well you cannot blame BT/Openreach here, its being done under the BDUK Scot Government, it says its live on the openreach site as well as it saying on another site that it being live since Sep 2014 shown below:

Cabinet P4 FTTC Available from 10th September 2014 Phase BDUK Scot Government 12b 475 Huawei
I say pester HIE, good luck in getting information from them, their site isn't kept up to date.

Paul
Standard User Mic8393
(newbie) Sat 14-May-16 14:43:20
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Yes all the checkers say that it is available to my neighbours - just not when I put in my own landline. Also contacting HIE will not help I do not think as I am not classed as Highlands and Islands, but classed as Aberdeenshire.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-May-16 15:00:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by Mic8393:
Yes all the checkers say that it is available to my neighbours - just not when I put in my own landline. Also contacting HIE will not help I do not think as I am not classed as Highlands and Islands, but classed as Aberdeenshire.
Well I can see on the HIE site that cabinet 4 looks like its covered by them.

Can you PM your Post Code and door number and the door numbers of your neighbours that can get it.

I will respond with what I find via PM.

Paul
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 14-May-16 17:15:21
Print Post

Which ISP are you paying line rental to at the moment?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Mic8393
(newbie) Sun 15-May-16 00:54:30
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Can you PM your Post Code and door number and the door numbers of your neighbours that can get it..

I have PM'd you details.

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Which ISP are you paying line rental to at the moment?

I am currently paying line rental with BT.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 15-May-16 01:28:01
Print Post

OK, thanks. That isn't in itself anything to do with the cause then.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Mic8393
(newbie) Sun 15-May-16 02:05:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Strange! Incredibly frustrating that there is no go to source to find answers, although I don't fancy being behind the computer reading 1000's of emails from impatient people like myself!
Standard User olicuk
(regular) Sun 15-May-16 02:59:09
Print Post

Would be interesting to see the complete output you get from dslchecker.bt.com when entering your phone no. Obviously edit out the number before you post the details here.

It definitely says you're connected to that cabinet does it, are you sure you don't have a lone exchange line? If the cab is enabled all the properties connected through it should be in the same state, sounds otherwise like a database problem with your property?

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 15-May-16 09:55:20
Print Post

This is the place - if Paul does think something is up then its time to email me and I in turn do my checks and email Openreach.

Providers can do precisely the same if they were to pick up this unusual ones.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to