General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User andyfenx
(newbie) Sat 14-May-16 18:49:00
Print Post

Can't get connected from PCP to DSLAM 'All lin One' Cabinet

[link to this post]

Hi, Over a month ago Openreach stated that our new FTCC "All in One" cabinet was "Accepting Orders"

I immediately contacted my ISP PlusNet (who have been brilliant) to get connected but has so far got nowhere.

However BT Availability Checker says my number is served by this new cabinet but that no fibre sevice is listed.

I just need 2 short wires fitted from PCP to DSLAM.

1st engineer confirmed my line was connected to the PCP E & D side but not to DSLAM.

Last engineer went away having done nothing because his information said I was on a different Cabinet even though BT Availability Checker says I'm on the new one.

Has anyone got a solution - short of giving me a key so I can fit the wires myself!!!!?
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Sun 15-May-16 02:29:25
Print Post

Re: Can't get connected from PCP to DSLAM 'All lin One' Cabi

[re: andyfenx] [link to this post]

How far are you from the new AIO cabinet? It is possible that you are too far away to get a good FTTC connection which is why FTTC not listed as being available for your number on the BT Availability Checker. Alternatively there could be an error in the BT database and your record has not been updated correctly in which case MrSaffron (Andrew Ferguson) may be able to help if you PM him with your address and phone number.
Standard User andyfenx
(newbie) Sun 15-May-16 08:58:42
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
How far are you from the new AIO cabinet? It is possible that you are too far away to get a good FTTC connection which is why FTTC not listed as being available for your number on the BT Availability Checker. Alternatively there could be an error in the BT database and your record has not been updated correctly in which case MrSaffron (Andrew Ferguson) may be able to help if you PM him with your address and phone number.

Hi MCM, I'm 50m from the AiO Cab and was told to expect 80mbps. I'm sure it is a case that the records are wrong because no-one in the village - all of who's lines are served by this new Cab - has Fibre availability - I ran 100 numbers through the 'Checker'.
I will PM Mr Saffron as you suggest. Many thanks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User andyfenx
(newbie) Tue 17-May-16 15:24:20
Print Post

Hi MCM

Engineer today could not jump PCP to DSLAM - just DSLAM node allocation holding things up - apparently.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 18-May-16 13:38:31
Print Post

(Edit - Is the BT Wholesale checker showing FTTC as available to you yet? Please can you copy and paste what it says for your number, including the line above the table but removing your number.)

Something has gone wrong with the order. The jumpering is done inside the PCP, and all the cabling and connections between the two cabinets installed before the FTTC cabinet goes live. (Subject of course to not all being used and more needing adding. Which can mean adding line cards to the FTTC cabinet and any resultant work).

At the time the ISP's order for FTTC for you is placed, a port in the FTTC cabinet should be allocated and recorded on the order. The connectors in the PCP for that port are labelled.

As you say no port has been allocated, you just waiting at this stage doesn't seem to be an option. Plusnet need to know and to find out why.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59240/14753kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 18-May-16 13:42:19)

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-May-16 18:51:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Note this is an AIO cab so just the one cab, no external cables linking PCP and FTTC cabs, with all connections internal to the AIO cab. This make the explanation of the problem more difficult to understand. Perhaps there is a problem with the AIO cabinet.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 18-May-16 19:10:06
Print Post

Or there is no problem with the cabinet at all, and its just a database issue, since seeing checkers giving different cabinet numbers and wrong estimates too.

A request for check/fix has gone in from me.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-May-16 19:15:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Or there is no problem with the cabinet at all, and its just a database issue,
As was suggested by myself in my first reply to the OP where I also suggested he PM you so that you could check this for him.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 18-May-16 19:22:38
Print Post

There are a number of circulars I've been cc'd in now about the issue, it is possible some of avenues may have made it more official and thus rather than just a fix involving those who do it, it may be more complex in terms of how it has to be handled.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-May-16 20:45:21
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

All I can say Andrew is the best of luck in resolving these problems, you have and are providing a great service to those using these forums having personally helped us in SW9 to get started on our community funded upgrade some years ago. Completion is tantalisingly near were it not for a Lambeth section 58 notice which is surprising given the state of the local roads.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to