General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smouty
(member) Tue 17-May-16 11:47:31
Print Post

G.INP Disabled on my line.

[link to this post]

I've changed my service with BT due to increased charges from 76/20 to 55/10 which took effect this morning.
I received an email from MyDSLwebstats advising that G.inp has been disabled.
I'm guessing this is due to it not being required as my attainable is so much higher than the line rate, 75/30 currently and at 55/10 the SNR is is 12/22.

Edited by smouty (Tue 17-May-16 11:48:40)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-May-16 12:12:51
Print Post

Re: G.INP Disabled on my line.

[re: smouty] [link to this post]

Or the DLM has reset and will gone through a re-learn and decide in time whether to enable G.INP on the line.

The extra headroom of syncing at a lower speed will reduce opportunity for errors, so G.INP may never be needed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-May-16 12:15:17
Print Post

[re: smouty] [link to this post]

I lost my G.INP when I moved from Plusnet to BT on 25th April. It hasn't kicked back in. I have since spoken to 2 other people I know had it enabled before but have since either changed products or migrated elsewhere and all have lost G.INP and not had it turned back on.

I'm wondering whether BT have stopped new activations for some reason for the time being?

-------------------------------------------
BT Infinity 2 Unlimited
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14633...

Edited by WelshWArrior (Tue 17-May-16 12:16:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User smouty
(member) Tue 17-May-16 12:31:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Or the DLM has reset and will gone through a re-learn and decide in time whether to enable G.INP on the line.

The extra headroom of syncing at a lower speed will reduce opportunity for errors, so G.INP may never be needed.

Very few errors at the moment. Only 1 FEC, all others are clear.
  Print Thread

Jump to