General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User toblerone
(newbie) Sat 21-May-16 15:10:10
Print Post

FTTP Openreach Processing (again)

[link to this post]

Hi all, this is my first post to the forum!

I would just like to know if anyone has had any experience (recently) with ordering FTTP packages - preferably supplied by BT. I do know that Openreach realised that they made a massive error not so long ago and suspended ordering for this service, although I have found a document on the Openreach site (uploaded on 19th May 2016) (Document Here entitled "accepting_orders") which has my exchange listed as FTTC/P & FOD available Now.

The Availability checker also shows the FTTPoD (330) service as being available. I am <100m from my cabinet and currently get sustained 79-80/19-20 download/upload on BT Infinity 2. This is an inner city location so surely my area will be one of the first to be connected?

What does this mean?? *looks into crystal ball* Is it suggesting the service is accepting orders from individuals or ISPs?

I would just like to know if anyone has ordered this recently (like REALLY recently) or if they have any information on doing so.

Thank you!!

Toby
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 21-May-16 16:42:16
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD Openreach Processing (again)

[re: toblerone] [link to this post]

Don't forget that FTTP and FTTPoD are not the same thing. You appear to be talking about FTTPoD because that is the ordering that has been suspended.

I suggest you alter the Subject in your post to clarify smile.

I wouldn't place too much faith wrt FTTPoD in that document you link to. In fact I'm not sure it isn't BT Wholesale that stopped taking orders for it, not Openreach. Perhaps I'm confused there.

It seems certain that FTTPoD as originally supplied isn't going to have widespread implementation. Few people can afford the huge installation fees and ongoing rentals.

Wrt your exchange offering both FTTC and FTTP, the two will be in different cabinet areas. A cabinet is either FTTC-enabled, like yours, and is (now theoretically usually FTTPoD enabled), or it isn't and the area it covers may be FTTP enabled.

In a very few places it seems that some FTTC areas can also have normal FTTP connections. I don't know where those are.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59240/14753kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 21-May-16 17:42:59
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD Openreach Processing (again)

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The stop sale has been lifted by BT wholesale I believe, but given no big change in pricing held back from news on it.

With FTTP on demand nothing is rolled out until some orders it and you can ONLY order the 300 Mbps version at £99+VAT per month.

Native FTTP is actually cheaper but they choose where its the option or the BDUK project guides them too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to