General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jparnell82
(learned) Mon 23-May-16 20:37:32
Print Post

Mistake moved back to ADSL and now theres no FTTC capacity

[link to this post]

A couple of weeks ago i asked BT to re-contract my BT Inifinity contract so i could receive a discount for another 12months.

After the order went through i noticed my speed had reduced. After checking my line stats i realized I had been moved to an ADSL product.

Upon investigation, BT have found that although my account is showing i have Infinity, my line has been mistakenly moved to ADSL

The really frustrating thing is now my cabinet is at capacity and i cant be moved back!!

I've gone from 66Mbps to 2.5Mbps.

I'm now in a queue waiting to move back. BT can't tell me how long this is going to take. I've had a look at the wholesale checker and it just says 'This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC services.' Is there anyway to get more information? Looks like someones order went through as soon as my line was moved off frown
Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Mon 23-May-16 20:57:23
Print Post

Re: Mistake moved back to ADSL and now theres no FTTC capaci

[re: jparnell82] [link to this post]

I'd write a letter to BT's CEO & consider raising your problems on social media - the more noise the more likely they'll speed things up

Ken

Nostalgia is memory with the pain removed
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-May-16 22:08:22
Print Post

A simple recontract should not have needed any orders to be placed with Openreach, unless there was an underlying product change at the same time.

Time for BT Retail to own and make things right

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(committed) Mon 23-May-16 22:42:52
Print Post

I believe you've already been advised on the BT forums that there's little that can be done until capacity is increased, or, if the cabinet is totally full, wait until someone cancels their FTTC service.

While it's definitely BT retail at fault for placing the wrong type of order, there's nothing they can do to physically provide more ports if the cabinet is at capacity. They certainly can't ask Openreach to cease another customers circuit in favour of yours. They will however need to compensate you for the problem.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-May-16 23:06:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by jparnell82:
Is there anyway to get more information? Looks like someones order went through as soon as my line was moved off frown

No, annoyingly.

Waiting lists can be days, weeks or months. It's impossible to know where you are on the list either.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-May-16 00:44:44
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

But it should be possible to move the poster to the top of the list, via the OR or Group CEOs' offices. It would restore all the other waiters in the queue to their rightful place, rather than their wrongly raised one.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59240/14753kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-May-16 00:45:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Possibly an upgrade to 55/10?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-May-16 00:52:33
Print Post

So BT managed to kick you off the fibre network and don't give a rats [censored] about getting you back on to it.....

Think its time to write to the CEO of BT and request some further information and get your snail-net credited to £0 for such a stupid mistake.

This sort of stuff gets me really mad.

BTInfinity - 69000/20000kbps Formerly 116000/31000 - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2 PENDING CEASE
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-May-16 01:00:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by jparnell82:
I'm now in a queue waiting to move back. BT can't tell me how long this is going to take. I've had a look at the wholesale checker and it just says 'This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC services.' Is there anyway to get more information?

Haven't BT told you that it will take at least until the 13 June?

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connec...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-May-16 01:17:12
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

Good spot. I consider it rather impolite for the OP not to have told us that.

In his favour, "at least" isn't a satisfactory response. That could turn into the end if August, or any random date in the future we think of.

However, if a capacity upgrade is planned for the 13th there's a good chance, and that isn't as bad as a true wait for leavers. He should have been told that, if it is the case.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 24-May-16 01:18:01)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to