General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Jun-16 16:16:31
Print Post

DSLAM NMCOZU - How full?

[link to this post]

Anyone know how full DSLAM NMCOZU is?

Wanting to make a proposition to a company to drive take up but if there are relatively few ports left may not be wise.

It should have a fair few I hope - the PCP passes 623 premises, should be room to connect close to 576 of them.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 07-Jun-16 16:19:42
Print Post

Re: DSLAM NMCOZU - How full?

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Is it already the second of two, or are you wondering that it might need a second? How many FTTC lines would a company need anyway?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Jun-16 16:41:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

That's the second of the two and the company would be providing, not using, the FTTC lines.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Jun-16 13:44:34
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Huge thanks to the kind person who filled me in on this.

I've spoken with the company in question also, and the trial they are doing is scattered across the UK so there won't be a concentration of users in any one spot which means the capacity available is ample.

For the curious, one cabinet is on its 6th line card, obviously as the second wouldn't be there otherwise, the second cabinet is on its 5th.

That's a lot of tie pairs.

Print Thread

Jump to