General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User atrower
(newbie) Mon 13-Jun-16 13:53:50
Print Post

Broadbridge Heath (wickhurst Green) Fiber

[link to this post]

Iv been in a block of flats in wickhurst green for nearly a year, i think out local cab is 92, all properties in the road have access to FTTP, but the flats have no access.

The flats work out at about 8km from the exchange, so we are all on a bout 1MB/s.

Can anyone give me any infomation to get this sorted, or something i can pass on the landlord/letting agency to get this sorted

Edit:
The block of flats is on Sargent Way Postcode - RH123TE

many thanks

Edited by atrower (Mon 13-Jun-16 13:59:24)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Jun-16 14:17:31
Print Post

Re: Broadbridge Heath (wickhurst Green) Fiber

[re: atrower] [link to this post]

I think you probably mean 1Mb/s - the lower case b is very significant when talking speeds.

As far as FTTP I would guess either the landlord didn't want to play ball or the flats would have been significantly more expensive to deliver fibre to (internal cabling for fibre can be much more difficult/expensive than running a fibre into a standard house).

You could try contacting BT Openreach to find out how much it would cost to get fibre to the flats but you would probably have to contact the owners of the block to see if they would allow it in the first place. How many flats are in the block?
Standard User atrower
(newbie) Mon 13-Jun-16 14:35:18
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I think you probably mean 1Mb/s - the lower case b is very significant when talking speeds.

That is exactly what i meant, thank you for the correction.

I can't even speak to openreach, I have tried in the past. The letting agency has the same problem, can't get to speak to anyone at openreach.

I have received an email back from the letting agency since my first post. Bovis Homes was the contractor that built the property, and they haven't installed fiber around the block itself, and are not willing to do so. We have fiber into the block (have just checked, Fiber cables are cut and not going anywhere but are coming in from outside).

Their are 7 flats in the block. Who is it best to contact, as landlord is going to have to get fiber cabling installed around the block. The letting agency is looking at ways to get this done as well, but have had no luck with openreach as can't speak to anyone.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Mon 13-Jun-16 15:08:31
Print Post

suggest you try this

https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/OurNetwork/C...
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 13-Jun-16 22:13:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by atrower:
Iv been in a block of flats in wickhurst green for nearly a year, i think out local cab is 92, all properties in the road have access to FTTP, but the flats have no access.

The flats work out at about 8km from the exchange, so we are all on a bout 1MB/s.

Can anyone give me any infomation to get this sorted, or something i can pass on the landlord/letting agency to get this sorted

Edit:
The block of flats is on Sargent Way Postcode - RH123TE

many thanks
Well as far as I can see the only door numbers on that postcode that cannot get fibre is the following 2 blocks of 5 flats/homes:

17, 19, 21, 23, 25
53, 55, 57, 59, 61

All other flats/homes on that postcode can get FTTP.

And yes your phone lines are running through PCP Cabinet 92.

It might just be there is no spare fibres for those 10 flats/homes.

Have you tried emailing enquire@openreach.co.uk its BTOR's Fibre Enquiries Team, they can take anything up to 7 days to reply.

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to