General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thomaswarne01
(member) Thu 16-Jun-16 02:55:56
Print Post

FTTP Speed

[link to this post]

Pleased with the speeds and reliability of the FTTP service,
on the 80/20 Package @£30 a month,
would it be worth getting the 200 or 300 Package?
and has anyone had any experience with those speed packages, or is it best to stick with the 80/20?
Do the higher tier packages get that throughput most of the time or does it slow down at times?
I mean 80/20 is fine and never slows down, but naturally if you can get it why not, it will however completely future proof any possibility of needed upgrades,
or just wait until needed to upgrade?
but part of me thinks that its very good and im lucky!, and to stick with it as lots of people cant even get 2Mb!

So any experience/advice?

BT FTTP Installed June 2016, 74Mbps down, 20Mbps up.
Speedtest Result
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Thu 16-Jun-16 07:42:02
Print Post

Re: FTTP Speed

[re: thomaswarne01] [link to this post]

If you're not having any issues with bandwidth in your house and you're not a super heavy downloader/uploader then it's probably a waste of money.
Standard User colbird12
(newbie) Thu 30-Jun-16 13:52:40
Print Post

[re: thomaswarne01] [link to this post]

I am on the 300/30 service and have been since it was available to me (approx 1 year)

Consistently achieve those speeds day and night and dowloading files the speed is nearly always 30MB+ per second.

Nearly 40 devices using the web in our home across 6 family members. So it was the only choice for me.

The realiabilty is excellent only once has the service not been available during the last year and that was only for a few hours.

I would say the only issue is with the HH5 router in that the wireless speed degrades over a period of 10 days or so and it requires rebooting in order to obtain full wireless functionality.

I wish also that BT would offer static IP address with FTTP (Infinity 4) 300/30 customers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User thomaswarne01
(member) Fri 01-Jul-16 02:12:32
Print Post

[re: colbird12] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying, I do use the HH5, but as the primary connection for WAN, so
FTTP-MODEM>>>BTHUB5>>>ASUS-RTN66U>>>My Network.

Reason being, HH5 Manages WAN connection, so its easy to diagnose connection problems, if the light is not blue, mum knows there is no internet smile
Anyway, in the process of getting 300Mb, there is an error in the BT Database, so openreach are chasing it, afterall they want the money,
but to my upset the upload is still 20Mbps not the 30Mbps like others have previously had :/
will have to wait and see when its all been upgraded. (a few weeks)

BT FTTP Installed June 2016, 74Mbps down, 20Mbps up.
Speedtest Result
  Print Thread

Jump to