General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Pgre
(experienced) Fri 17-Jun-16 11:35:49
Print Post

H15 Woodlands - for Mr Ribble

[link to this post]

Hi,

Wasn't meaning to hijack another thread re AIO cabs potentially of existing PCP's (So apologies Mr S as I saw the other thread had been closed), so really the same question again for Mr Ribble if you have chance to have a look into this.

The developer paid for Gap funding for H15 Woodlands development. (Kempston)

Around us are existing FTTP developments but for some reasons I could make a stab at we and the other development were fed of PCP 7 which is FTTC enabled but we are just a long way from the Cab (circa 1300m) so it limits the speeds of course. As such I managed to help persuade the developer to Gap fund an improvement. As its FTTC enabled I sort of though they would likely stick an AIO in close to the existing DP's for the 50+ homes, but in my dreams I'd love them to go FTTP or possibly G.Fast.

If you did get chance to have a look at whats proposed I'd appreciate it, I have a number of residents I mentioned I'd keep up to speed with anything I find out. I know the planned deployment is supposed to be October. (not sure if this means by then or if thats when they will start). I know they have done the surveys so just waiting for some deployment work now.

Anyway.. thanks in advance Mr R.

Regards PGre
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 20-Jun-16 10:35:29
Print Post

Re: H15 Woodlands - for Mr Ribble

[re: Pgre] [link to this post]

Probably going to be an AIO located near the play area.
Timescales: looking at 6 months + from now
Standard User Pgre
(experienced) Mon 20-Jun-16 16:11:16
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thanks.. much appreciated.

I did guess they may still go with the AIO but shame OR couldn't/don't/won't just with FTTP. Wonder what this means for G.Fast (i.e. is there a pod available for an AIO) Shame when all the other estates around us got FTTP, but I can't really complain too much.. as I know many are far worse off.

I'll keep hoping that the timescales can be moved forward also but I'll wait patiently for now smile Again thanks for the info.

Regards PGre

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 20-Jun-16 18:37:36
Print Post

[re: Pgre] [link to this post]

Can only assume the private funding wouldn't cover the cost of FTTP
  Print Thread

Jump to