General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ellastonepaul
(newbie) Mon 27-Jun-16 10:28:42
Print Post

Fallacies?

[link to this post]

This may sound silly but.......!

Our local cabinet (Ellastone 3) has recently been Fibre "enabled" with a seperate cabinet installed alongside the existing one. Is there any reason why those who have NOT opted for Faster Broadband (i.e purchased a package) should experience ANY improvement in the speed....as some people seem to think?
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 27-Jun-16 11:59:45
Print Post

Re: Fallacies?

[re: Ellastonepaul] [link to this post]

Other than maybe some very slight improvements as people move off ADSL, No.
Standard User Gus
(newbie) Mon 27-Jun-16 12:36:49
Print Post

In my previous flat up until fibre was enabled I got on average from my DSL 3 too 4mbit maybe 4.5 during good days, but usually around 3.5-4mbit. Then fibre was enabled and after about a month it went to 5 too 6mbit, so yes it can happen

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 27-Jun-16 14:43:10
Print Post

The noise profile from cross talk will change and that can lead to a small increase in speeds or in some rare cases a decrease!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User troublegum
(regular) Mon 27-Jun-16 14:59:01
Print Post

[re: Gus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gus:
In my previous flat up until fibre was enabled I got on average from my DSL 3 too 4mbit maybe 4.5 during good days, but usually around 3.5-4mbit. Then fibre was enabled and after about a month it went to 5 too 6mbit, so yes it can happen

Of course it can happen, but nobody is going to see a speed increase of any significance.
Standard User TheLastMinute
(newbie) Tue 28-Jun-16 14:08:49
Print Post

[re: troublegum] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by troublegum:
Of course it can happen, but nobody is going to see a speed increase of any significance.

The cabinet I'm connected too went live last month. While it was being connected up, my ADSL speed went from 5.6Mbps to 6.6Mbps overnight, which was around a 17% increase.

TLM
  Print Thread

Jump to