General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User plankton
(regular) Sat 02-Jul-16 16:10:19
Print Post

Newick - East Sussex New Cabinet

[link to this post]

Long Shot but I'm always amazed by this forum! A plinth has just appeared outside of my house (BN84 on the A272) to site a new VDSL cabinet on (There isn't even a PCP here at the mo), they've run the power ducting and cut halfway across the road to get to the BT duct. The Cab is scheduled to be in place on the 6th. Currently for VDSL I'm connected to NEWICK2 which is 1100m from me so get 12/1. The new cab is 15m from me so this will be a fantastic improvement. I can find no details on the cab, looked at East Sussex BDUK info and nothing ..... Can anyone shed any light on this? Am I going to get sensible broadband or am I just getting excited only to be taunted by Openreach because my line is already attached to another DSLAM! Excited and Worried in equal measure ....

Edited by plankton (Sat 02-Jul-16 16:19:13)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 02-Jul-16 16:26:11
Print Post

Re: Newick - East Sussex New Cabinet

[re: plankton] [link to this post]

Based on my maps BN8 4DB, BN8 4DA and BN8 4HP are prime candidates for an infill cabinet to increase speeds to superfast levels.

Cannot see any more work due on roadworks.org but some more to be done around BN8 4DP which look suggestive on an infill cabinet for that area.

So the scenario looks good, but have nothing to give any absolute confirmation yet.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User plankton
(regular) Sat 02-Jul-16 16:51:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew. If you look at roadworks.org BN84DL you'll see it on the A272. Compared to the first cabinets BTOR put up I've been staggered how fast they are doing this work they where like men possessed today! from green verge to cabinet being powered 29th-8th. This will make a big difference here we're hooked to a cab in North Chailey 1150m away and get 12/1. this new cab will be 15m away, so where I was spitting hens teeth that the G.fast plan was to stick a module on the side of a cab which would have be useless to me so far away, I'm now tantalised by the thought of 1000 Mbit/s. I take back all my slagging off of BTOR if they come good on this cab for me!!!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jul-16 16:01:29
Print Post

It's a new all in one ,cab 9
Standard User plankton
(regular) Tue 05-Jul-16 17:19:15
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

I've now contacted the East Sussex County Council BDUK team. I am being told that this Cabinet that is 15m from me and ducted to my DP will not be avalible to me and that I will stay on the cab that gives me 12/1 speed which is 1200m away. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I might get a change of heart here and get BTOR to include the lines on my DP in the new cab?? All help greatfully received !!!!!

Edited by plankton (Tue 05-Jul-16 17:22:16)

Standard User plankton
(regular) Thu 14-Jul-16 15:27:02
Print Post

Ribble, you were right, a 9 has appeared on it. This doesn't yet appear in any East Sussex roll out list, so thanks for the info! You wouldn't happen to know the postcodes it will serve?
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Jul-16 18:19:04
Print Post

BN8 4DP
BN8 4DY
BN8 4EB
BN8 4DS
BN8 4DR
BN8 4DT
BN8 4DL
Standard User plankton
(regular) Thu 14-Jul-16 22:29:45
Print Post

Ribble, Wow thanks for that. You're like some ghost in the machine! No one in the "official" world could or would tell me that! I'm in one of those postcodes so I guess I'll get moved to this cab, in the fullness of time, great news! Now I'm pushing my luck ...... approx taking order date??

Many thank for the info, very much appreciated!
Standard User gazzyk1ns
(experienced) Sun 17-Jul-16 18:05:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Cannot see any more work due on roadworks.org...

Has anyone told them about that problem? i.e., you can never see the full description of the problem unless it's extremely short? Because we all really should tell them how useful the site is and how helpful we find it, but that it has this crippling bug/annoyance.

Edit: On a re-read, it seems that you might not have been talking about the truncated descriptions, just the "booked" roadworks. In any case, the point still stands, though.

I meant that when reading roadworks.org, you still get this sort of stuff:

July 17th to December 17th: MAJOR rearrangement of thinkbroadband.com, incorproating MrSa...

Work Reference: 122218500443030/ABAAAAbbtt[juldec]aaa12249966...

Yeah thanks for the partial work reference, that's really informative. Not like you could have used the remaining window space for the description. Gas works are the worst, they always include their rubbish about how they're improving their network, and all the helplines, followed by

Install 35m of duct to repl...

I HATE IT.

Edited by gazzyk1ns (Sun 17-Jul-16 18:16:34)

Print Thread

Jump to