General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sandcastle
(newbie) Tue 05-Jul-16 21:36:40
Print Post

Fugitive FTTP

[link to this post]

KMCO finished installing and testing our fibre network on 15th June, and last Thursday, 30th June, BTís DSL checker showed WBC FTTP as available for this address (screenshot available). On Friday, and before I had time to put in an order, the FTTP Available line had vanished and has not been seen since. Neither Zen nor A&A (my current alternatives for ISP) has explained what BT might be up to. Any ideas?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 05-Jul-16 21:54:17
Print Post

Re: Fugitive FTTP

[re: sandcastle] [link to this post]

Have any of the providers chased up with Openreach?

This may be a checker issue, i.e. just needs another day or two, or testing has shown issues with network so removed from checker till that is fixed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User sandcastle
(newbie) Wed 06-Jul-16 22:01:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.
One provider said they would ask BT what was happening, then didn't. The other didn't bother to look at the screenshot, said that FTTC & FTTP on the same exchange was very unusual and implied that I was mistaken (that's Zen for the bin, but only by a small margin!). Who or what department should I contact at BT or Openreach?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User garethr
(member) Wed 06-Jul-16 23:09:19
Print Post

Yes I have seen this before. Over and over again. Things like that are not unusual. It doesn't mean you will not be able to order FTTP but means it could be delayed.

How long... Some near me have taken 6 years so far.

Regards,

Gareth

Gareth
BT Infinity FTTP 80Mbps/20Mbps
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14188...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 06-Jul-16 23:37:39
Print Post

Mixtures of FTTP and FTTC on the same exchange are pretty normal, but when FTTP is just 1% of lines people often get the wrong end of the stick

If you can email me andrew@thinkbroadband the details next week will endeavour to take a look and chase Openreach if warranted

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to