General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 18-Jul-16 15:38:41
Print Post

Re: FTTP - Installation Missed - New Build

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:
In reply to a post by MHC:
The EC complaints team will be the one that works on behalf of the main BT board. There will be an equivalent one that deals with high level complaints within the OR division. Surely the ones you are dealing with must be able to speak with their counterparts in OR and get them to cascade it down through the OR management chain.

That's exactly how it should be beingn dealt with.

Exactly, but is it?

The cost of the EC complaints team, per hour, will be way higher than an OR Tech and overall dealing with this will have cost more than doing the work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User ollieports
(newbie) Mon 18-Jul-16 15:41:59
Print Post

[re: B31] [link to this post]

thanks - the thing is we have now had a formal letter from the BT exec complaints team saying this is there final position. I will drop the CEO another note, it's a very annoying situation having it literally 2.5 meters outside the front door
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Jul-16 15:49:39
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

The EC complaints team will be the one that works on behalf of the main BT board. There will be an equivalent one that deals with high level complaints within the OR division. Surely the ones you are dealing with must be able to speak with their counterparts in OR and get them to cascade it down through the OR management chain.

Yes it "should", but saying that, it still might not help due to they have to contact "Openreach" and most of they time it ends with a fob off date that comes and goes, like mine has done for 4.5 years and I have had an "Executive Level Complaints; BT Consumer" on the case for the last couple of years.

Strangely enough I have got more information out doing research and openreach than what the EC Team have, which might of helped.

I have emailed everyone I could find, my Local MP which has done loads to help, BT, Openreach, CEO of Openreach (Clive Selley) and there was a few others.

But if you email them too much they just ignore your emails, openreach are also known to just stop responding when you show proof that contradicts what they have said, they really hate that LOL.

And to the OP, yes its annoying to know that the FTTP Hardware that would be used is live, in our case out of several linked FibreDP Hardware only one home can order FTTP and is currently using it since Jan 2016, to be stuck on ~4 Mbps when 4 doors has 330 kind of sucks.

But now according to the last email from Openreach they say light loss testing was dated to of started last week and that CPS will have the ready for service on the 20th July, which the EC team at BT was also told, so if that doesn't happen there will be hell to pay LOL

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Jul-16 16:02:15
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Exactly, but is it?

The cost of the EC complaints team, per hour, will be way higher than an OR Tech and overall dealing with this will have cost more than doing the work.
Well yes and no.

Well in my case we have had 3 "Executive Level Complaints, BT Consumer" team member dealing with our case for the last 3 years, 2 of them just gave up and said there was noting they could do and closed the case.

The 3rd and latest current one seems to be doing more than the other two, maybe due to all the emails that I have sent all other the place like the CEO etc, also photo evidence also might of helped which was also sent to the CEO smile

As for the cost, you are probably correct there, the issue with our FibreDP, Manifold Hardware (as Openreach call it Fibre Equipment) is that it is live and all connected up and one home is using it already.

So all openreach needs to do is push the update switch so that it shows up as ready for service for the rest of us on that hardware.

Paul
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Jul-16 18:57:47
Print Post

[re: ollieports] [link to this post]

OK, sorry for the slow reply.

The site has both copper (cab is in the alleyway almost opposite the sales office as you turn into Kingfisher Drive) and FTTP for most addresses, but on the latest part being built I am unsure if there is both copper and FTTC available.

Was at an address near yours a couple of weeks back, it would seem, at that point, that none could get FTTP service, and would appear that the splitter node has been connected to the wrong head end equipment in the exchange ....... whether this has now been resolved I know not.

Standard User ollieports
(newbie) Mon 18-Jul-16 19:56:26
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks for this info, yea we can literally see the cabinet from our garden...

With the properties in phases 2&3 of the development it appears the FTTP has been pulled to the houses by default as they all have the little grey Openreach box on the front... For whatever reason phase 1 (which includes ours) has been missed. Do you know if there are plans to go back around and connect us lot with slow connections?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Jul-16 21:10:21
Print Post

Do you know if there are plans to go back around and connect us lot with slow connections?

I bumped into an Openreach guy who was going back in to do work on some of the flats on Grebe way, these appeared 'missed" so there is hope I suspect.

Are the developers still in evidence ? For it is they who will know what they asked Openreach to provide.

Edited by Zarjaz (Mon 18-Jul-16 21:11:55)

Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Mon 18-Jul-16 21:34:25
Print Post

whether it is out the Door or not -- which may or not be the case -- the develpement was built with copper so suggest you see if the developer wants to fund as they sorted all the other phases -- who are the developer
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Jul-16 21:01:42
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Was actually working on that estate this afternoon !

The problem I mentioned with misrouted fibre/head end is now resolved.

There was at least one gang of FTTP 'new sites' bods in evidence.

Standard User ollieports
(newbie) Tue 04-Oct-16 15:29:10
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Hi Guys,

A few months have passed now and we still don't have a resolution. Our local MP's team are on the case with the developer and BT Openreach but nothing yet has been sorted.

Is there any Openreach engineers who have worked on Boulters Meadow who can advise what needs to actually be done here to resolve the issue?

We now have houses directly opposite, two doors down and behind with FTTP connections going in. We're stuck on 7meg copper and I'm unable to work from home because of this poor speed

Many thanks,

Olllie
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to