General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Nov-16 18:15:01
Print Post

Re: FTTC Over Subscribed

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Thanks, Lee.

Now makes a lot more sense.
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Nov-16 09:55:36
Print Post

Because of the local FTTC being a Huawi 288, my knowledge has been directly based on that.

I have now taken a look at the ECI M41 photos on-

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/fttc-cabinets.htm

Where-as the Huawei's use "dummy or empty" card front panels/trims are only distinguishable by the lack of LEDs etc, the ECI's use a "blank/ing plate" readily identified by its simplicity.

The ECIs also appear to totally omit the corresponding cables at those blank plate positions, compared with the Huawei having them in position - further disguising the non-working situation of those slots in the Huawei.

That suggests that there is more work needed to extend the ECI's to full normal capacity, without progressing beyond that.

--------------

So far, I have not located interior photos of the Huawei 288 modified to 384.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Nov-16 15:00:53
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by eckiedoo:
Where-as the Huawei's use "dummy or empty" card front panels/trims are only distinguishable by the lack of LEDs etc, the ECI's use a "blank/ing plate" readily identified by its simplicity.

The ECIs also appear to totally omit the corresponding cables at those blank plate positions, compared with the Huawei having them in position - further disguising the non-working situation of those slots in the Huawei.

That suggests that there is more work needed to extend the ECI's to full normal capacity, without progressing beyond that.

In the Huawei cabinets, two different DSLAMs are used to provision the different number of subscribers; the AIO has the same MA5616T (for 128 lines) as the smaller Huawei cabinets... with capacity for 4 cards with 32 ports on each.

However, the ECI cabinets utilise the same M41 DSLAM ... it is just the amount of wiring that distinguishes between a 128-port variant and a 256-port variant.

The pictures you see on Kitz show both
- A 256-port, with 4 pre-wired connectors; 1 in use and 3 blanking plates that could all be upgraded
- A 128-port, with 2 pre-wired connectors; 2 in use, and 2 blanking plates that cannot be upgraded

I'm not sure I've heard of a 128 ECI being upgraded to 256 on the fly.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bapesta786
(newbie) Wed 14-Dec-16 15:32:31
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

No news yet whatsoever regarding fibre frown Can anyone provide any update at all on Cabinet 36? (G72 6QF)

Edited by bapesta786 (Wed 14-Dec-16 15:33:10)

Standard User Stewartni
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 16:53:54
Print Post

[re: bapesta786] [link to this post]

I am in a similar position, i just moved home, literally less than half a mile away from where i was. Local cabinet reports "Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now". I have been in contact with openreach who to be honest have been useless. All i would like to know is if there are plans to do anything to improve service!!!! Im currently getting between 1.5-2mb which in this day and age is terrible. The address i moved from was giving me 38mb on fibre.

Can anyone help or suggest who i can find this out????

Thanks
Stewart
Standard User bapesta786
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 16:57:59
Print Post

[re: Stewartni] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stewartni:
I am in a similar position, i just moved home, literally less than half a mile away from where i was. Local cabinet reports "Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now". I have been in contact with openreach who to be honest have been useless. All i would like to know is if there are plans to do anything to improve service!!!! Im currently getting between 1.5-2mb which in this day and age is terrible. The address i moved from was giving me 38mb on fibre.

Can anyone help or suggest who i can find this out????

Thanks
Stewart

it's funny that you reply to my thread...on the day I finally get fibre activated.

I feel your pain. You tried this link?
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Fri 21-Apr-17 17:01:15
Print Post

I guess the only options are

1 keep checking the cabinet status and order it when it comes available.

2. see if there are any other providers that dont use OR's network near you.

3. if Virgin Media is available then get that. You should at least improve on your current speed situation.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Apr-17 17:14:27
Print Post

If you're the same guy from the BT forums....

July is the planned date.

Cabinet P49 FTTC Available from 10th September 2010, being expanded by July 2017 Phase 04a 2010-2011 798 Huawei BT19 6FH
Standard User Stewartni
(newbie) Fri 21-Apr-17 19:51:54
Print Post

Hi, thank you for reply.

Your in the right area but my cabinet is BT19 7jh, cabinet 95

I'm struggling here have came home and I'm getting less than 1mb it's terrible 😔
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Fri 21-Apr-17 19:52:42
Print Post

I was lucky when I moved and managed to get the last spare port on the cabinet although my employer needs to get a line put in for my work but 1.5 Mbps ADSL isn't really going to cut it.

There's still 20 or so household on the estate that are still waiting for fibre to become available but there doesn't seem to be a date for capacity to be increased. Personally I would like to see Openreach to install an infill cabinet which would boost speeds for probably around 100 or more properties that are currently getting sub 15 Mbps speeds.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to