General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Fowey
(newbie) Wed 20-Jul-16 13:49:35
Print Post

Fibre Broadband

[link to this post]

Hi

According to the BT wholesale site there is a waiting list for my fibre cabinet and has been since May 2016.

About a month ago there were some workmen digging up the pavement between the fibre cabinet and the PCP cabinet. I spoke to them and they told me they were adding a second conduit between the cabinets for more fibre connections.

Last Friday and this Monday the BT openreach engineers were working on both cabinets but I didnít get a chance to speak to them.

Should I be optimistic about fibre broadband?

Does anyone have an estimate for when the new connections will be become available?

Thanks in advance

Fowey
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 20-Jul-16 13:53:04
Print Post

Re: Fibre Broadband

[re: Fowey] [link to this post]

Could be tomorrow, could be a number of weeks away. For those with possible insight need to know the exchange and cabinet number.

Extra duct and wiring between the two cabinets implies more copper pairs to allow more lines to be linked. Full capacity is not installed at initial roll-out as this saves money and everyone wants to save money these days.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Fowey
(newbie) Wed 20-Jul-16 15:50:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks - thought as much.

For anyone in the know the exchange is Bamber Bridge and the cabinet is P48.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fowey
(newbie) Mon 25-Jul-16 11:15:23
Print Post

[re: Fowey] [link to this post]

For anyone who interested, it took from Monday Ė when the BT Openreach engineers were working on both cabinets (adding extra copper pairs) until the Saturday for them to be made available.

Fowey
  Print Thread

Jump to