General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lee32uk
(member) Thu 21-Jul-16 23:47:26
Print Post

Problems migrating from Sky ADSL to Pulse8 FTTC

[link to this post]

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Sky subsection, so apologies if in the wrong place.

Long story short, I am due to move from Sky 8Meg ADSL to Pulse8 FTTC on Monday 1st Aug. Sky have informed via letter that my current broadband service will be cancelled on Friday 29th July which would mean me having no internet access for the best part of 3 1/2 days.

Sky are adamant that they will not budge on this date (They mentioned something about having to give 24hrs notice and they don't include weekends therefore it has to be Friday 29th for the termination). I assumed that I would have maybe an hour at the most downtime whilst it was switched over. I spoke to Pulse8 as well and they seem to think it will go through ok (Even though they had initially said the migration date was set in stone). I am just worried that I will be left without an internet connection, and that I will also have to pay extra to Pulse8 as it would be classed as a new connection if Sky do cancel it.

I am probably worrying over nothing but if anyone can shed any light I would appreciate it

thanks

Lee

IDNET
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 22-Jul-16 09:05:18
Print Post

Re: Problems migrating from Sky ADSL to Pulse8 FTTC

[re: lee32uk] [link to this post]

Why is Sky cancelling? If this was a migration then no need to contact Sky you should have simply got a sorry you are leaving letter from Sky triggered by the migration.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jul-16 11:00:55
Print Post

[re: lee32uk] [link to this post]

We saw one of our customers move to Pulse 8 and a similar thing happened. This was standard BT-based ADSL.

The NoT we received was for a set date, the date that Openreach would have confirmed to them but they apparently did not activate the service until the day after. Customer came to us all guns blazing as the migration happened (at around 2am) on the date Openreach had for it and we could do nothing.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee32uk
(member) Fri 22-Jul-16 12:00:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Why is Sky cancelling? If this was a migration then no need to contact Sky you should have simply got a sorry you are leaving letter from Sky triggered by the migration.

No idea to be honest. All I did was place the fibre order through pulse8 website. No contact was made with Sky until after I received this letter.
I also received a similar one from BT regarding the phone line being transferred to pulse8, and it also shows the same date of 29th July.

I was just under the impression that it would all switch over on the 1st but Sky wouldn't budge regarding their termination date.

I will just have to keep my fingers crossed I guess, and hope it all goes to plan.

thanks

Lee

IDNET
  Print Thread

Jump to