General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User NJSS
(learned) Mon 01-Aug-16 09:01:43
Print Post

New FTTC cabinet - how long to wait for service

[link to this post]

After much pressure from the Residents' Association, Catherington has had two new FTTC cabinets installed.

I'm chairman of the Residents' Association and am facing frequent questions about the time scale.

There are two new Huawei cabinets in Catherington adjacent to cabs. 10 & E1 - both installed in the same week in June this year

BT OR Website says:-

For cab 10 "...You can't order a fibre service today, but typically it will be available to your premises within the next month"

For cab.E1 .....“Great news, you can order a fibre service. Check with one of these service providers to see if they are offering fibre in your area.”....

Typical questions are:-

Cab E1 was available for sign up within days of the new cabinet being installed, cab 10 installed at the same time is still not accepting orders, why is this?

How long is it likely to be before FTTC can be connected to my home/business?
In this respect, Hampshire SFB on their website say:-

"Some properties in this postcode will be upgraded to fibre broadband between January 2017 and December 2017."

Is it really going to take between 6 & 18 months, after accepting orders in the case of cab E1, for FTTC to be made available?

NJSS
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 01-Aug-16 09:32:52
Print Post

Re: New FTTC cabinet - how long to wait for service

[re: NJSS] [link to this post]

There was a problem with the cabinet. Should be resolved and be available in next few days
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 01-Aug-16 09:33:39
Print Post

If OR say within a month then seems likely a month, rather than the more pessimistic answer from the project in the area.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NJSS
(learned) Tue 02-Aug-16 13:39:21
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Ribble

Thank-you very much.

I have a meeting tomorrow evening when this topic will be discussed, is there anything more that I can say than :-
In reply to a post by Ribble:
There was a problem with the cabinet. Should be resolved and be available in next few days

Those who will be served by cab 10 are frustrated that those who will be served by cab E1 have been able to sign up for over a month now.

They are also asking whether this will mean that cab E1 will be live before cab 10, or whether & when they will both be live.

Thanks again.

NJSS
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 02-Aug-16 14:28:42
Print Post

The problem is still being worked on. There is no set date at present.
Standard User NJSS
(learned) Wed 10-Aug-16 08:15:32
Print Post

Both FTTC cabinets in Catherington now accepting orders.

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Many thanks Mr Saffron & Ribble

I'm pleased to report that the second Catherington cabinet, cabinet 10, is now taking orders, some 5 weeks after the first cabinet, which was installed at the same time.

NJSS
  Print Thread

Jump to