General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Broadbean2
(learned) Mon 01-Aug-16 15:27:18
Print Post

Newcastle Emlyn Exchange - Cab 3

[link to this post]

Up until May 2016, all lines on this cab were planned for FTTP. Since then, the Superfast Cymru (‘SFC’) checker now indicates that some are in scope for FTTC. Whilst I understand that it is possible to have both FTTC & FTTP technology on the same cab area, the problem is most, if not all of the lines planned for FTTC (about 60), are too far away (2.0/2.5 miles by road) from that cab to receive a superfast broadband connection.

I have asked SFC on a number of occasions whether there are any plans to install an ‘All-in-One’ or ‘Infill’ cab (as seems to have been done in other nearby locations) to overcome the distance problem. However, they declined to respond and only confirm that FTTC is still on schedule.

Unfortunately, CodeLook is currently unable to provide information on specific cabs where FTTC/FTTP is being planned due to changes in the way that BT now provides its periodic data in the form of broadband datasets. For my post code (SA38 9PZ) it use to report ‘FTTP Planned’ but now says ‘Fibre Not Available’.

As mentioned before in a previous post on Superfast Cymru – Job Done? – SFC’s remit seems to be to only provide basic information on specific roll outs. Any query referred to them of a simplistic technical nature is generally ignored. So, either they just don’t know or are perhaps reluctant to approach BT for a definitive answer.

Hopefully, someone viewing this posting (Ribble perhaps?) may be able to provide me with an answer to my question that SFC cannot respond to or perhaps is prevented from doing so.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Examples of Post Codes where FTTP is planned – SA38 9PZ, SA38 9PE
Examples of Post Codes where FTTC is planned – SA38 9QA, SA38 9PJ
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 01-Aug-16 16:40:57
Print Post

Re: Newcastle Emlyn Exchange - Cab 3

[re: Broadbean2] [link to this post]

Some lines are planned to be transfered to a new cab to be positioned near the church
Standard User Broadbean2
(learned) Mon 01-Aug-16 18:05:56
Print Post

Re: Newcastle Emlyn Exchange - Cab 3

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Hi Ribble.

Many thanks for your prompt response. You are a Star.

Installation of a new cab at that location (a local chapel) would be the ideal solution.
Why Superfast Cymru are unable to provide such information is a mystery to me.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to