General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User thebigdolphin1
(regular) Mon 01-Aug-16 22:01:31
Print Post

Have Openreach stopped responding to queries?

[link to this post]

I sent an email requesting further information on the status of my cabinet via their 'contact us' service (which has always worked in the past) over 2 weeks ago and haven't received a response back.
Do they no longer respond to customer queries or are the people responsible taking a break?
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 01-Aug-16 23:28:53
Print Post

Re: Have Openreach stopped responding to queries?

[re: thebigdolphin1] [link to this post]

I have always got a reply.

Try this form: https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040...

And choose option c ("Why is there a delay in providing my fibre broadband?") for section 8.

Try emailing them here: enquire@openreach.co.uk that seems to work.

Paul
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Tue 02-Aug-16 10:01:05
Print Post

whats your cabinet number

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Tue 02-Aug-16 13:26:31
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Cab 8 on the Ranmoor (SLRN) exchange, but I doubt you'll be able to find any information that I'm not aware of - I've literally been searching and asking around for years now.
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Tue 02-Aug-16 13:50:00
Print Post

Was due for connection in May, suspect there's blocked ductingor a problem sourcing power for the cabinet which has caused the delay.

Openreach are the only ones who can advise on what the cabinet is waiting for.
(regular) Tue 02-Aug-16 14:10:49
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

It was due to be enabled in 2013, but that obviously didn't go to plan. That's why I was just wondering whether they suspended their enquiry services or not, as I don't want to waste my time writing out 1000-character emails to them every month if they aren't going to read it. Perhaps I'm on some kind of blacklist.

Edited by thebigdolphin1 (Tue 02-Aug-16 14:12:27)

(member) Fri 05-Aug-16 01:13:59
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

I received a response after my second request (using the form method), however I believe that the service is completely automated now - I've received a response at 1AM in the morning with the generic information, despite the top of my message stating in caps that the normal response isn't what I'm looking for.

I presume the enquire email address is manually read and responded to? I thought they shut down their customer contact email years ago.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Aug-16 03:41:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by thebigdolphin1:
I received a response after my second request (using the form method), however I believe that the service is completely automated now - I've received a response at 1AM in the morning with the generic information, despite the top of my message stating in caps that the normal response isn't what I'm looking for.

Oh, I still get responses from them, in fact the last one I got from them was on 5th July i.e. a month ago.
You do sometimes get an automated first response and they then get back to you within 10 days.

In reply to a post by thebigdolphin1:
I presume the enquire email address is manually read and responded to? I thought they shut down their customer contact email years ago.

Well the enquire email address is read by everyone there, but they send the emails using their individual email address, I am starting to get a collection LOL.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Fri 05-Aug-16 03:43:12)

(member) Sun 14-Aug-16 15:51:49
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

No matter how many requests I send via their availability enquiry form, I always receive an automated template message with the generic information which is absolutely useless to me.

I sent them my enquiry for further information through the email address you specified and i have yet to receive a response from that almost 2 weeks later - I believe it's safe to assume they're ignoring customer requests.
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Sun 14-Aug-16 20:53:22
Print Post

no they are not !!!!!

what does the openreach where and when say for your cabinet as that you give you a view on what is happeing (assuming something is) -- use your telephone number or postcode
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to